• Who's gonna win the '11 World Series

• Total voters

Brando

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Can't believe there is not a post about the World Series yet. I'm a huge STL Cardinals fan. Can't believe my team is in the position to win a championship.:rockwoot:
    Just months ago chances of even reaching the postseason were dire.

Probably going to be an offense dominated series and just hope we can score more runs than the TX Rangers.

Who do you have your money on?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I voted for the Rangers.. Only because I want to see Pujols on the market.. If St. Louis wins, that won't happen.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I'll have to go with my Cards...I have been a Card's fan since the early to mid 60's. I still remember my dad taking me to the old Busch stadium and seeing the Cardinals play. Those were the days... Bob Gibson pitching and Lou Brock stealing bases.

Now, if I was a betting man. I would have to go with the Rangers. On paper they are the better team, but on paper the Phillies and the Brewers were suppose to be the better teams......that is why you play the games.

GO CARDS!! :rockwoot:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Cardinal fan from way back. I don't know what I like better listening to the play by play over the radio or watching it on the TV.

Brando

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Cardinal fan from way back. I don't know what I like better listening to the play by play over the radio or watching it on the TV.

I downloaded the mlb app on my droid for a buck. Lets you listen to mike shannon on kmox. Then you can turn the tv on mute. That's hoping the call and video are synced though.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Can't believe there is not a post about the World Series yet. I'm a huge STL Cardinals fan. Can't believe my team is in the position to win a championship.:rockwoot:
    Just months ago chances of even reaching the postseason were dire.

Probably going to be an offense dominated series and just hope we can score more runs than the TX Rangers.

Who do you have your money on?

This truely has been a great season for baseball since the start of September. The comebacks of the Rays and the Cards. The downfall of the Redsox and the Braves.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I downloaded the mlb app on my droid for a buck. Lets you listen to mike shannon on kmox. Then you can turn the tv on mute. That's hoping the call and video are synced though.

I like listening to Shannon and Hrabosky. They give a good inside look at the game from the players side. Trivia...the person who hit the last home run in Sportsman Park and the first in (old) Busch Stadium...Mike Shannon.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Even if the Cards win it, It is highly unlikely that they will be able to afford keeping Albert. More than likely he will end up at a one of the large market cities.:twocents:

This is why baseball is a broken sport and is nose diving in popularity across the country. Pujols should retire a Cardinal and it stinks if that doesn't happen.

Teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, etc are ruining the sport imo. I used to be a big baseball fan when I was a kid, but people my age (35 and under) just dont care about it anymore. Its sad really, Americas past time is now Americas after thought.

Who would think 15 years ago that a Friday night college football game between Boise State and Fresno State would draw better numbers than the the ALCS across the entire country.

But football, college bball, and hockey are on so I am a happy sports fan.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'd like the Cardinals to win it, but the Rangers look pretty tough. I'm going to go with reality and vote for the Rangers. I'll be pulling for the Cardinals though!

Brando

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I also agree that big market teams are ruining baseball. However, it makes me smile when all those millions and millions of dollars they overpay players don't get them further than the division series.

Cubs, Red Sox, Phillies, and Yankees can keep paying for egos and bad decisions.

Rays will keep doing what they do to the East with what? a fifth of the salary?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I also agree that big market teams are ruining baseball. However, it makes me smile when all those millions and millions of dollars they overpay players don't get them further than the division series.

Cubs, Red Sox, Phillies, and Yankees can keep paying for egos and bad decisions.

Rays will keep doing what they do to the East with what? a fifth of the salary?
    Um... The Yankees have 27 world championships.. I assume that they will take your blessing and keep doing what they're doing.. It seems to work.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Even if the Cards win it, It is highly unlikely that they will be able to afford keeping Albert. More than likely he will end up at a one of the large market cities.:twocents:
    I'm thinking that the Cards havethe third higest payroll as it is behind Boston and the Yankees.

Top Bottom