• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Proud new owner of the NRA Gun of the Year. This is a wonderful 100th Anniversary Edition from Colt to commemorate 100 years of the 1911.

1150 if these made special for the Friends of the NRA banquets and serial number 1911NRA0001 - 1911NRA1150.

rightside.jpg

Last edited:

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Whitewater Valley Friends of the NRA Banquet was Saturday night, May 7th. The gun of the year sold for $4,000.00.

It is amazing what a good looking gun, a big crowd of NRA supporters and the heat of an auction can do to the selling prices.

I found this one in Colorado and bought it.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Thanks guys. I have been doing the Friends of the NRA Banquets for a while now and everyone on the committee said that this is the most stunning gun of the year that they remember. But hey it is the 100th anniversary and Colt did it up right.

Sig-Bandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Columbus
    I am doing the transfers for local NRA dinner on June 4th and have had this gun in the shop for a couple weeks. I try to show it of as much as possible, very nice Colt.

zenbruno

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    As legendary as it is beautiful. Congratulations on your acquisition!

(Like someone else said, I couldn't own a gun like that. I'd HAVE to shoot it!)

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Guys, go and support your local Friends of the NRA by attending the banquets. The money spent at these banquets supports the local shooting programs for our youth in Indiana. Last March or April there was about $250,000 in grant money distributed in Indiana.

Plus you get the chance to win or buy new guns. What could be a better night out. Take your wives along they enjoy the Auction items also.

idahoccw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    I WON !

I was lucky enough to win one at the FNRA Banquet in Ketchum, Idaho last month. I bought a $20 raffle ticket and only 100 were being sold. I'm not exactly sure how many actually were sold, but my number was drawn! Still haven't decided whether or not I will ever shoot it. I did put it in a nice display case. Was wondering what you might do if you had one. G McBride, how much did you pay for yours in Co?

To shoot or not to shoot, that is the question?

colt1.jpg

Last edited:

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I WON !

To shoot or not to shoot, that is the question?

Congratulations Idaho!

Personally I am a shooter, not a collector, even if some of my firearms are "collectable" so to speak they still get taken to the range.

But whether or not you should shoot yours is something that you'll have to decide for yourself.

Top Bottom