• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Socomike from INGO gave me permission to feature a repair we are doing for him.
    Left front corner got bumped and while we are doing the repair Mike bought a Custom hood and some grilles to kind of dress things up a bit.

This is a nice fiberglass hood very little cleanup to do to it in order to get it ready for paint

Here is the car from a distance, Mike put a temp headlight in it so he could drive it.

DSC01516.jpg

little more of a close up of the damage

DSC01517.jpg

After taking the car apart this is what I found

DSC01532.jpg

DSC01533.jpg

New hood arrives

DSC01572.jpg

Pre fitting the Hood

Picture.jpg

Hood fit and fender repaired, ready to move to the paint shop. Hood will have to come back off for paint work

Picture001.jpg

Repairs in prime, also fixed some Rock chips in Left Fender.

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Last edited:

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Its definitely not stock ;) ...420 rwhp 395lbs of tq. Its a heads/Cam/full bolt on car. Fastest time in the quarter mile thus far was a 12.06 at 114mph. The car has a 11.9 in it if I can get it off the line without scorching the tires.

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    oh ok...I may swing up that way later on today. I have a funeral to attend in brownsburg so I may head that way afterwords....

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    With the intake in the wheel well away from the engine isn't the ram intake hood kind of an added expense with no functionality?

Not entirely, the air is directed to that side of the hood and down to the air cleaner via plastic ducting. Not true ram air but.......

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Not entirely, the air is directed to that side of the hood and down to the air cleaner via plastic ducting. Not true ram air but.......

It also allows outside air to enter the engine bay and hot air to exit from the looks of it. I need to get some pics of my Corrado posted up for ya Allen.

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    With the intake in the wheel well away from the engine isn't the ram intake hood kind of an added expense with no functionality?

As has already been said, It is not a true ram air (most cars with "ram air" arent). However, the outside (cold air) is directed toward the "cold air intake". Also, unique to this hood (with GTO's) there are heat extractors that draw hot air from the engine bay to cool the motor.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Car is ready for paint but we are waiting on some grilles that need paint also.

Picture001-2.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Prime and hand blocking fiberglass hood

Picture003.jpg

Applying basecoat to the hood separate from the car because the aftermarket hood can not be baked at the same temperature as the rest of the car. According to the manufacturer.

Picture004.jpg

Top Bottom