• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    Hello, fellow Hoosiers! I acquired my first firearm on Wednesday and stumbled upon this forum while doing some internet searches for firearm stores in my area. I‘ve fired a few guns in the past, but never owned one... until now.

And boy did I pick a bad time to pick one up. Haha!

I’m looking forward to learning as much as I can. Now, more than ever, I‘m trying to lay a solid foundation of safety and discipline and, along the way, I’ve already found there’s way more to these tools than I thought!

To close, my primary intent for my firearm is sport, with defense a very very distance second.

Most of the State tends to ignore the Northwest corner, but I hope you’ll welcome this Region Rat. :D

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    IN the words of Minnie Pearl....Hoooowwwwdie!

Good Forum for sport shooting here and some good instructors. Also some fine region folks on here. Check out the NWI sub thread. They like to meet each other although I think they have the newest member pay for drinks.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Welcome to the new and improved site. We have a healthy Lake Region crew, so I'm sure you'll fit in fine.

So... what did you get?

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    IN the words of Minnie Pearl....Hoooowwwwdie!

Good Forum for sport shooting here and some good instructors. Also some fine region folks on here. Check out the NWI sub thread. They like to meet each other although I think they have the newest member pay for drinks.
    As a teetotaler, I hope everyone will be happy with pop and the like! :D
    Hey, welcome from Crown Point. Always glad to have another Region Rat in the group.

Some of the NW IN members hang out in the NW IN thread. Feel free to jump in and introduce yourself. https://www.indianagunowners.com/th...art-18-legal-now.482375/page-251#post-8575591
    Thanks for linking that; I'd surely not have stumbled upon that thread until much much later.
    Welcome to the new and improved site. We have a healthy Lake Region crew, so I'm sure you'll fit in fine.

So... what did you get?
    A Ruger American Compact 9mm. I was more in the market for something with a longer barrel (ideally it'd have been a Beretta 92fs), but I had a very fixed budget. Of the models that were in stock and within my price range, I did like this one. The safety features won me over, in the end. And, after taking it to the range on Saturday for its inauguration, I am very happy with my purchase!
    What she said^

:welcome:from Porter!
    Uh-oh, someone from the wrong side of the tracks! :P (Why is there no "tongue-in-cheek" smiley here?)

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    A Ruger American Compact 9mm. I was more in the market for something with a longer barrel (ideally it'd have been a Beretta 92fs), but I had a very fixed budget. Of the models that were in stock and within my price range, I did like this one. The safety features won me over, in the end. And, after taking it to the range on Saturday for its inauguration, I am very happy with my purchase!
    Rugers are generally solid guns with a solid company behind them. I own a few. :thumbsup:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Hello, fellow Hoosiers! I acquired my first firearm on Wednesday and stumbled upon this forum while doing some internet searches for firearm stores in my area. I‘ve fired a few guns in the past, but never owned one... until now.

And boy did I pick a bad time to pick one up. Haha!

I’m looking forward to learning as much as I can. Now, more than ever, I‘m trying to lay a solid foundation of safety and discipline and, along the way, I’ve already found there’s way more to these tools than I thought!

To close, my primary intent for my firearm is sport, with defense a very very distance second.

Most of the State tends to ignore the Northwest corner, but I hope you’ll welcome this Region Rat. :D
    Howdy and welcome. Good plan on sport first, defense later. Shooting is like a musical instrument, fun before business is the right way, because if it's not fun, you won't stay with it anyhow.

What did ya get?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom