Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 4, 2010
    Item: 1993 Pontiac Grand Prix
    Mileage: 165,xxx
    Engine: 3.4L Twin-Dual Cam w/ Automatic Trans
    Price: $1800 obo
    Trade: AR15 + cash, Two AR15's, Quality Handguns, UTV, etc.

I am selling my Grand Prix that I purchased new in 1993. I drove mainly highway mileage the first 7 years while comutting to Indianapolis. Around 2000, I started working locally and didn't need to travel much. When my daughter got her license she started driving it but recently purchased a smaller car so I am selling or trading this one.

The Good:

------------
    • Car is basically a one owner that I purchased new and has been reliable in the past. I don't drive it enough to rate its relability currently, but it set all winter and after I just installed a new battery today, it fired right up. It has always fired right up after long durations sitting.
    • New 84mo warranty Battery today (4/14/13)
    • New AC Delco Alternator and serpentine belt last year (core still in the trunk).
    • New fuel pump and filter in 2012
    • New Rear Struts in 2011
    • Tires are Goodyear Eagle LS? with 90%+ tread remaining.
    • Interrior is very nice, no tears, no stains, no broken down seats, etc.
    • Exterrior is also very nice. No rust, no major paint defects (some rock chips on the hood), no body work ever, no dents, etc. See issue #1 below concerning door ding.
    • All Lights, signals, etc work (except one fog light may be out, I'll have to check).
    • No warning lights and No Check engine lights are on.
    • Very powerful with the twin dual cam engine.
    • Drives nice and tight. Doesn't drift over the road or feel like its got 100k miles.
    Issues:

--------------
    • Driver's Side plastic door panel has a 2" or so diameter chip in the paint from some moron opening their door into the panel and it progressively got worse. This is not metal and will not rust, but it is a yellow spot showing. Happened years ago, but I never got it fixed. This is visible in a couple of the pictures.
    • Handle that releases the hood broke years ago, so I just use an old pair of vise grips as the handle. Hood is still secure, but vise grips are used to pull the cable that releases the hood.
    • Power antenna no longer goes down.
    • Remote door fobs no longer work. One is in brand new condition since it was never used. I think the receiver in the car doesn't work because I tried new batteries in both FOB's but no joy.
    • Last year, I was having trouble with the battery loosing charge after sitting for a week or so. I believe I may have fixed this with the new alternator that was installed last year. But upon attempting to start the car this spring (last week), the battery was dead (the car has set since November or so). I charged the battery, but it wouldn't take a charge so I replaced it today. The car fired right up with just a second or so of cranking. I am not sure if there is still a power drain issue or not, but I replaced the two core components (battery and alternator).
    For more pics, go to:

1993 Grand Prix - a set on Flickr

7760941056_b12849415e.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom