Westfield
    XQrUXPUh.jpg

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I've had that trp in and out of shopping carts for months on an undisclosed site. I should probably just buy it and be done. I think the used 500 dollar trophy match was an easier pill to swallow for a project gun

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've had that trp in and out of shopping carts for months on an undisclosed site. I should probably just buy it and be done. I think the used 500 dollar trophy match was an easier pill to swallow for a project gun

My brand spanking new TRP was a problem child out of the box. Springer CS talked to me like I was a dirt road rube. They did not fix the gun and it was still off when it returned and they were not up front on what they did to it. +After a few conversations with those dicks I dropped the guts, filled it with EGW ignition controls and put it in the body shop for a slide/barrel re-calliber. It is now a 10mm.

Screw Springer.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My brand spanking new TRP was a problem child out of the box. Springer CS talked to me like I was a dirt road rube. They did not fix the gun and it was still off when it returned and they were not up front on what they did to it. +After a few conversations with those dicks I dropped the guts, filled it with EGW ignition controls and put it in the body shop for a slide/barrel re-calliber. It is now a 10mm.

Screw Springer.

:faint:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have read several people ragging on their new TRPs on other forums.

I figured I would eventually get silly with it so why not now.

I was a strong supporter of the Springer 1911's. Not any more. For the price point look at a DW or a Standard. They are not bull barrel Tactical's but hey, they are well fit up pieces. My new Standard is just a joy to fondle.

Patrick Taylor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2018
    Leitchfield Kentucky
    I have not considered purchasing a Springfield product since 1994. If your old enough you will remember them trying to jack up the prices on their M1-As after the '94 crime bill passed. Not just a little but trying to price gouge to almost double in price right after the bill was signed. If your younger you should remember them getting caught giving money to groups in Illinois that were far from pro-gun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have not considered purchasing a Springfield product since 1994. If your old enough you will remember them trying to jack up the prices on their M1-As after the '94 crime bill passed. Not just a little but trying to price gouge to almost double in price right after the bill was signed. If your younger you should remember them getting caught giving money to groups in Illinois that were far from pro-gun.

I am old enough.
    I just loved the 1911's they put out. Solid pieces that accepted mods readily.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I see a lot of people are excited about the new Colt 1911 Classic that has just been released. It is a Series 70 with just basics on it.

OD*

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Indiana
    I see a lot of people are excited about the new Colt 1911 Classic that has just been released. It is a Series 70 with just basics on it.
    Would you happen to have a link to that pistol, and do you know what makes it different than the Series 70 reproductions that have been on the market since 2002?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom