• ...and so much more!
  • bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Ok, I ended up getting a little more info from my son while I was looking for a 1911 for myself (INGO says I have to carry one on September 1st)... he likes the two tone look of the Springfield Ronin! I saw there’s a Kimber Custom II Two Tone as well, but what other two tone 1911s are some favorites out there?
    Springfield Emissary, Wilson Combat Eclipse, Les Baer Concept are 2 tone.

Last edited:

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Personally, I’d talk him out of a 1911 if at all possible. Just me. Carried one in the Corps, just not a fan. That being said, I’ve owned a few budget ones that shot better and were more reliable than a lot of Colt guns. The absolute nicest 1911 I ever owned was a S&W all stainless. I got it when they first came out. I also had a Kimber Super Carry Pro HD. I did like the gun but had some issues with the trigger smoothness at the start.
    All that being said, if I ever got another 1911, I’d spend the money for a Wilson Combat.
    My Taurus PT1911 will outshoot all stock 1911’s out of the box. I still have it. The other ones mentioned, have been passed on to my sons……already.
    Best to you in your search.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Personally, I’d talk him out of a 1911 if at all possible. Just me. Carried one in the Corps, just not a fan. That being said, I’ve owned a few budget ones that shot better and were more reliable than a lot of Colt guns. The absolute nicest 1911 I ever owned was a S&W all stainless. I got it when they first came out. I also had a Kimber Super Carry Pro HD. I did like the gun but had some issues with the trigger smoothness at the start.
    All that being said, if I ever got another 1911, I’d spend the money for a Wilson Combat.
    My Taurus PT1911 will outshoot all stock 1911’s out of the box. I still have it. The other ones mentioned, have been passed on to my sons……already.
    Best to you in your search.
    I'll tell you what Brother, you come up with a Ransom Rest and we can meet in the middle at a range. Gas City, Deer Creek, Walbash, Alexandria... I do believe we have a Kokomo member that still might have a rest. I will reach out to him.
    You bring that Taurus and I'll bring an old off the assy line Colt 1911, I bought with my tobacco money when I was in 9th grade.
    We will shoot them both at 25 and 50 yards.

We will post the results here.

I'll be bringing one of those unreliable inaccurate Colts that for some reason feeds 38 Spec Wad-cutters without a glich.
    I'm busy the next few weeks after that,
    You just say when.
    20230819_160822.jpg

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    All my colt 1911 have shot just fine for years.
    Gold cup and government model. No problems.
    Also had a 3” colt new agent that shot fine.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'll tell you what Brother, you come up with a Ransom Rest and we can meet in the middle at a range. Gas City, Deer Creek, Walbash, Alexandria... I do believe we have a Kokomo member that still might have a rest. I will reach out to him.
    You bring that Taurus and I'll bring an old off the assy line Colt 1911, I bought with my tobacco money when I was in 9th grade.
    We will shoot them both at 25 and 50 yards.

We will post the results here.

I'll be bringing one of those unreliable inaccurate Colts that for some reason feeds 38 Spec Wad-cutters without a glich.
    I'm busy the next few weeks after that,
    You just say when.
    View attachment 293842
    Hmmm (1).gif

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    He never responds to me.
    Reminds me of JeepHammers posts.
    HYSKORE 1003626 Parallax Pistol Sighting Rest, Black https://a.co/d/3tWkNNf

Here is a poor man's Ransom Rest.

I think that would be educational to see what the difference in accuracy is for say a $400 upto $5000 1911 and many in-between.

Just to see how how much of a difference if any accuracy wise from all the different price points.

I'd love to see this type of test test with AR-15'S as well in the same order. $400 AR-15'S upto $5000.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    HYSKORE 1003626 Parallax Pistol Sighting Rest, Black https://a.co/d/3tWkNNf

Here is a poor man's Ransom Rest.

I think that would be educational to see what the difference in accuracy is for say a $400 upto $5000 1911 and many in-between.

Just to see how how much of a difference if any accuracy wise from all the different price points.

I'd love to see this type of test test with AR-15'S as well in the same order. $400 AR-15'S upto $5000.
    Interesting for sure. Not sure I would put any of my vintage Colts to shoot, in that.
    Even with foam, Looks a bit harsh on the frame and grips.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    If you like Springfield Armory I would suggest looking for a TRP. They are very nice 1911's with all the bells, whistles, and with a tight slide to frame fit that makes you think it's "custom." They also have a national match fitted barrel and bushing, but i think all SA's come that way now.
    Mine is all stainless with bead blasted matte finish. I’d never give it up.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Any time someone says “I don’t recommend 1911’s”… a kitten dies!!!

tmp.gif
    Been shooting 1911’s for 40+ years.
    The biggest issue I’ve ever had with them… the one common denominator… the loose nut behind the trigger.
    Diminishing skills and all.
    My DW I posted up thread can put’em in a 2” hole at 20 yards. Problem is… the shaky grey haired ol’bastard holding it can’t.
    I swear I thought the gun was a turd… my buddy who’s a fellow instructor grabs it and proceeds to stack bullets at 20 then 25 yards.
    Then he turns to me and offers to “teach” me how to shoot.
    Damn kids… :dunno:

As for performance issues… the 1911’s not me.
    We used to call it “Fluff and Buff”.
    If it’s metal and it rubs against each other… buff it. Slicker means quicker!!!
    If the skin touches it fluff it. Smoother means better feeling.
    Notice there’s no grinding!!!
    Buff the feed path for ammo.
    Ramp, chamber.
    Check your firing pin hole for burrs.
    Check the breach face for burrs and machine marks that can cause drag.
    Extractor tension.
    Lube.
    Simple stuff.
    Proper holster for proper carry.
    Biggest thing… shoot often.
    Maintain your skills regardless of what you carry.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    @profjeremy, I forgot one that you might find interesting. I personally know a member on here in the real that has one and I was fortunate enough to run it through its paces. Very nice piece and very accurate. They also have other model 1911s. You would need to call BulArmoryUSA for exact price and availability.

Top Bottom