• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Im looking for a Springfield 1911A1 and the local shops I go to seem to be all out ( Bradis,AAC ) Anyone know of a shop close to Martinsville that has them ? And what would a fair price be ? My B-day is comming up and Ive been hinting to the wife what I want . Last year she got me a AR ( man I love her LOL ) :rockwoot: Any help would be great !

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    You have been bitten

You have been bitten buy the 1911 bug and are now infected
    thats the way it starts you must have 1 then 2 then 3 it just wont stop
    and I dont think there is a cure

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Whats the going rate on one ?

That all depends. Springfield's are considered lower end in this platform at least in quality ( I don't really know, I have never shot one, that's what I keep getting told in local shops. ) I have been shopping Kimber, and I have seen some what I consider really good prices on them from $650 at Elmore's to $700 at Bradis. I have always loved Colt 1911's but they seem few and far between starting new at $800 plus. There was a Wilson KZ at Elmore's I don't remember the exact price but it was very good. One thing I like at Elmore's is when you ask the Old man if he can do any better on the price more often than not he will offer to eat the tax. Plainfield shooting supplies has a good selection and their pricing on most stuff is below most other places. They were $50 less than Bradis on XDM's, but I dont remember their 1911 prices..Hope this helps...

zlittell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    oh man the 1911 fever... i have the same problem but ill be picking up a Rock Island Armory 1911 as soon as i sell my guitar and/or halfstack amp haha.

-zack-

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Nothing wrong with Springfields IMO. I owned a tricked out Springfield before someone used it to hunt fish and lost it overboard, or so she said. Naturally, Colts, Wilsons and Kimbers are great 1911s. I recommend any of the four I've named. Wilsons are expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Happy hunting.

Top Bottom