• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bugboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Lafayette
    All, I am looking at purchasing a 1911 sometime in the near future. I have narrowed down my decision to between the Schroeder Bauman American Defender and Dan Wesson Valor. I have two questions I am seeking input on.

I would like to know if you would have any concerns purchasing a 1911 in this price range from a new gun maker?

Which would you pick and why?

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I work about half a mile from where the SB's are made. Our owner took a tour of their facility and says they are really nice guys. I have never shot one but have only heard good things about them. They have an aluminum frame at Wrigleys in Fort Wayne for just under 1500, it felt real nice if you havnt held one in person that might be a good one to check out.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    All, I am looking at purchasing a 1911 sometime in the near future. I have narrowed down my decision to between the Schroeder Bauman American Defender and Dan Wesson Valor. I have two questions I am seeking input on.

I would like to know if you would have any concerns purchasing a 1911 in this price range from a new gun maker? I'd never buy a humpback 1911

Which would you pick and why?
    Neither

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I picked up a used dan Wesson v bob a few months ago for $800 and I like it. It shoots well and is very well made. I think the valor replaced it. Never seen or fired the other gun so I can't say.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Got a Valor with a pretty small serial number, only thing I want to do to it is lengthen and polish the ramp so it'll eat the HPs with a bit sharper profile like the Lehighs, maybe move the threaded barrel from the R1.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    Hey...how did you get to PM with only one post, anyhow?

Must be a glitch in the Matrix.....

smith_copies.jpg

Go ahead, shoot. The best thing about being me... there's so many of me.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    I'd never buy a humpbacked 1911. Neither

The Valor is a straight backed 1911. You're confusing it with the Valor V-Bob, which has the Ed Brown Bobtail treatment. I happen to own a pair of them, in stainless, and love them for carry. Everything a fighting pistol should have, and be made of. Nothing more.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    The Valor is a straight backed 1911. You're confusing it with the Valor V-Bob, which has the Ed Brown Bobtail treatment. I happen to own a pair of them, in stainless, and love them for carry. Everything a fighting pistol should have, and be made of. Nothing more.

Not confusing any thing, SB is the humpback. Speaking of ED Brown. :cool:

Top Bottom