• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A good item to have in your 1911 tool kit is this amorer block. This works well and really helps when it comes to fitting safeties. Plus the back side makes for a nice flat surface that can be used when polishing trigger parts.

https://www.10-8performance.com/armorer-block/

This is the one I have (possibly from your input) and I also have a spare I will bring as well.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    HarrisonCustom.com is really good at shipping quickly. I placed an order for the parts I need today around noon and got a shipping notice by 5pm. On a Saturday no less. Can’t wait to get the parts for the class.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    HarrisonCustom.com is really good at shipping quickly. I placed an order for the parts I need today around noon and got a shipping notice by 5pm. On a Saturday no less. Can’t wait to get the parts for the class.

What parts did you get? It’s like thinking I’ll order a cheeseburger and then someone orders the Philly Cheese Steak and my plan changes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What parts did you get? It’s like thinking I’ll order a cheeseburger and then someone orders the Philly Cheese Steak and my plan changes.

Look at an ignition control group. Hammer/sear/disconnector.
    Cylinder and slide makes a very nice set of kits to fill most any desire. Carry/target carry/target.

After you clear those hurdles then you can get all up into other aspects.

I will have all the stones jigs and blocks to do the work. Remember, 5 heads to a group and time will be the key.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I didn't see this mentioned, does anybody have an extra folding table or two they can bring?
    I have four 8ft tables but I think we need at least couple more.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I didn't see this mentioned, does anybody have an extra folding table or two they can bring?
    I have four 8ft tables but I think we need at least couple more.

I do. I have a couple of then. Do we need folding chairs as well...???

Lunch. Johny5 and I are picking up lunch. Thinking Pizza if they deliver on Saturday.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I do. I have a couple of then. Do we need folding chairs as well...???

Lunch. Johny5 and I are picking up lunch. Thinking Pizza if they deliver on Saturday.

Sweet, I have several chairs but a few more to be safe wouldn't hurt

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I finally chose this kit (from C&S - hope it arrives before the 31st). but now I'm having trouble deciding which pistol to bring! :cool:

00000_b3Yuneqd7WU_0bC0fB_1200x900.jpg

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I finally chose this kit (from C&S - hope it arrives before the 31st). but now I'm having trouble deciding which pistol to bring! :cool:

00000_b3Yuneqd7WU_0bC0fB_1200x900.jpg

I'm planning to bring a stock RIA (If I can sneak it past CM). I think it will be interesting to contrast and compare what can be achieved with trigger jobs on stock, MIM parts with the performance of higher-quality components.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm planning to bring a stock RIA (If I can sneak it past CM). I think it will be interesting to contrast and compare what can be achieved with trigger jobs on stock, MIM parts with the performance of higher-quality components.

You are kidding me yes.......:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

You will never achieve the crisp action and longevity using mush parts. MIM is mush. I have had way to much experience here.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    You will never achieve the crisp action and longevity using mush parts. MIM is mush. I have had way to much experience here.

Yeah - I realize that it will never be as good. But, I have not ever seen a side-by-side comparison. I'm an engineer, we always gotta see it in the real :)

That may not be in-line with what you and AllenM have planned. If it is not, I will skip it and bring the pistol I built with higher quality components.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah - I realize that it will never be as good. But, I have not ever seen a side-by-side comparison. I'm an engineer, we always gotta see it in the real :)

Why waste the time. I am OK with doing the MIM stuff but also know you will not leave with anything south of 4.5 Lbs break on this set up. And over time if you run it a lot and run it hard even that will fade. But this is why we are doing all of this.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Why waste the time. I am OK with doing the MIM stuff but also know you will not leave with anything south of 4.5 Lbs break on this set up. And over time if you run it a lot and run it hard even that will fade. But this is why we are doing all of this.

Makes sense, CM. I'll bring the better setup.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom