• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette
    Also have a Sig 1911 tacops that can make an appearance for real work. The CMP piece can be for show and tell and general inspection. Thanks! See you gents then

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    This should be a great time. Would some of you attending be isterested in suggestions for quality ignition upgrade parts that we could install and setup in your gun during the workshop?
    You would need to pre purchase them and bring them with you to the event.

As you read we will go through tuning and improving the factory parts but most will never acheive the type of "breaking glass" feel that you can get with custom parts.

Depending on where you buy them cost would be in the $135.00 range.

Even if you dont want or are not able to purchase the entire ignition kit I will have on hand a couple of spring upgrades that I will sell at cost if interested.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I have my eye on you my friend......:):
    We will be time limited. Bring 1 and learn the steps then you will be able to do the other on your own. Save for several hundred dollars in tools.....:):

What are you wanting to do with them.
    Learn them and as things wear out know what to do with them. Hell I’ve lead a 1911 since the late 90’s and bever actually stripped
    one down.

Jim5528

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This should be a great time. Would some of you attending be isterested in suggestions for quality ignition upgrade parts that we could install and setup in your gun during the workshop?

As you read we will go through tuning and improving the factory parts but most will never acheive the type of "breaking glass" feel that you can get with custom parts.

Even if you dont want or are not able to purchase the entire ignition kit I will have on hand a couple of spring upgrades that I will sell at cost if interested.

What quality ignition parts do you recommend and were can we get them?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County

I’m interested in changing out the entire ignition group in one of my springer RO’s. It has polished mim parts that I’d like to change out.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington

I could be interested in this, do we have a supply list? Do I need to bring any specialty items?

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Harrison is great and is definitely top notch.

I am split on 2 different ones. This is just me personally you mileage may vary. I use a ton of EGW they have a nice consistent pull and break. smooth all the way through, I use them more on target pistols..

If it is some thing I am going to carry I prefer Cylinder and Slide. They come to a stop and have more of a crisp break . It may be just me but that is what I like in a carry pistol.

You can order direct from EGW, Shooters Connection, Cylinder and Slide, Midway USA, Brownells etc. Just google the names

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    If you want to go a step farther and want to reduce lock time. The time from when you pull the trigger to the time when the hammer strikes the firing pin. EGW sells a Titanium Mainspring cap and titanium Hammer strut. They are lighter and get things moving quicker..

But chances are the average shooter will not know the difference, I am just throwing it out there

To take full advantage of this I recommend the EGW ignition kit with either their lightened or the Koenig Hammer. Everything is in the kit

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom