• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kong1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Pendleton
    God bless JMB!!!!!! It was the perfect gun 100 yrs. ago, and to me is the perfect gun today....I have trusted my life to my Colts for a bunch of yrs. and will continue to trust my life to em'......Kong

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    Me loves me 1911. :wwub:

That John Browning guy really knew what he was about. :D
    :draw:

I read JB's autobiography last year...twice. The military trial that the 1911 went throught was ruthless. It took a team of guys to rapid fire, and load magazines. When the gun got too hot to hold it was dunked in a bucket of water. The pistol went through 6000 rnds of normal ammo, followed up with with abnormal rounds. Bullets seated too shallow or too deep.

"Nothing stopped the pistol, no part broke, and a long, painstaking examination under a magnifying glass failed to detect any sign of a crack or of battering." pg. 199 John M. Browning : American Gunmaker

This book is a definite read. Truely amazing. I would be happy to load it out to anyone interested. Keyword LOAN. I want it back when your finished. :D

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I want one....bad. I went to Elmore's this afternoon to price the RIA's. They don't even carry them. I was told there were too many problems with them. Hogwash.... Perhaps just not enough profit margin.

I was in there late this afternoon and it was too busy to get help!!! I didnt ask, I'll be over there again next week.... I was looking to possibly trade my Kimber SS Gold Match in for either a Warrior or a CDP for carry, my TLE is slowing me down....

I would hate to see some of the modern pistols put thru the same tests as the 1911 was.....:ar15:

Top Bottom