• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In

[FONT=ARIAL, SANS SERIF]Man upset about charges vandalizes officer's home[/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL, SANS SERIF]Mark C. Green, 37, 10105 S CR 800 W, Paris Crossing is charged with stalking, a D felony; intimidation, a D felony; criminal mischief (throwing nails and screws onto driveway), a B misdemeanor; 6 counts of attempted criminal mischief, all B misdemeanors; unlawful taking of a deer or wild turkey, a B misdemeanor; refusal to submit to breath or chemical test, a C infraction; and operating a motor vehicle with a fictitious registration number.
    On Nov. 6, retired conservation officer Steve Reinholt checked out a rumor of a very large antlered deer having been killed illegally by a firearm during archery season by the stepson of Mark Green. This eventually led to information being forwarded to the prosecutor with the expectation that Green and his stepson would be charged with the poaching.
    In the meantime, around mid-December and continuing into January, Reinholt began to notice nails and screws on his driveway. Finally, on Jan. 10, conservation officers Bill Beville and Steve Miller staked out Reinholt's home and allegedly caught Green in the act.
    Allegedly, Green was mad about Reinholt "getting into my business."

Man upset about charges vandalizes officer's home - North Vernon Plain Dealer Sun - North Vernon, IN
    [/FONT]

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I think poaching is a stupid crime and should be removed from the books.... If a family needs food and cant afford food what better way to get it.. Sure better than welfare.

[ame]http://youtu.be/hywgl816yRQ[/ame]

Why do we Need the Kings Permission to kill the peoples animal? A deer isnt endangered or near extinction.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think poaching is a stupid crime and should be removed from the books.... If a family needs food and cant afford food what better way to get it.. Sure better than welfare.

Why do we Need the Kings Permission to kill the peoples animal? A deer isnt endangered or near extinction.

He wasn't poaching for food. He was poaching for the trophy.

A2A208CD-0451-47F2-B50D-8AB27D1A755A-10805-0000186FE9C5DC79_zps3af457b5.jpg

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek

http://youtu.be/hywgl816yRQ

typical INGO anarchy. Wasn't that long ago Indiana didn't have any deer. Without game laws there would be no game left. Been proven with almost any species you can think of on this continent. All laws aren't bad and you can't tell me this guy was just getting his family.he wanted the antlers.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Seen any passenger pigeons lately? Had any buffalo roam across the road in front of you?

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton

http://youtu.be/hywgl816yRQ

It is not a question of starving people, or welfare recipients...

This dirtbag was poaching for the trophy and should be punished. Those deer do belong to the people, and the State is charged with protecting that resource. He just stole that deer from you and I. You may not care, but I do.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Starving people and welfare recipients can hunt deer legally like the rest of us. I manage to get enough meat to feed my family during deer season why can't they?

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thats what I was told once too. I saw a buck that had been hit,I wanted to put him out of misery,but called the CO istead. He said it was a good thing I didnt shoot him.That I did the right thing by calling.

I have been told the same thing..The CO wants to know if the deer was shot first or hit by a car first. There was a case a few years ago when a trophy buck was shot first at night, the struck by a vehicle to make it appear as a crippled deer put out of his misery..Did not work..

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Picture does not break INGO rules reguarding posting pictures.
    The picture is in the public domain. The parents let it go there by letting him pose for the picture.

Really? They let him pose for the pic, which probably was at a check-in.
    What the check-in, media and other may have done may very well be without the parent's permission.

I dunno the origins and distribution of the pic.

Public domain doesn't mean legally correct, or morally.

Anybody posts a pic of my kid without my permission and my lawyer will chew their ass off.

IMHO the kid's face should have been blurred out at a minimum.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Really? They let him pose for the pic, which probably was at a check-in.
    What the check-in, media and other may have done may very well be without the parent's permission.

I dunno the origins and distribution of the pic.

Public domain doesn't mean legally correct, or morally.

Anybody posts a pic of my kid without my permission and my lawyer will chew their ass off.

IMHO the kid's face should have been blurred out at a minimum.

Once his parents let others take his picture they lost all rights to privacy in regard to the pictures.
    The pictures became property of the takers.
    His parents were far from having any moral standards by involving their child in the crime.

Your kid and your permission have nothing to do with this case.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Don't give a flip about the check-in people or parents, I think anybody here (or elsewhere) should have blurred out the kids face.

What's legal is always moral :rolleyes:

Last edited:

IndyND

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    I don't know anything about this specific case, but I think it is reasonable to consider blurring out the young man's face. Too many variables that you don't know could be at play. I can imagine many scenarios where an innocent bystander gets casts in an unfair light. For example: Your child was in the store / check in with some buddies and said "what a great buck take my picture with it..." or something even more coincidental. How would you feel if he ends up splashed on a billboard presumed guilty by association? Is it reasonable to presume that people (especially minors) are innocent until proven guilty? Is it reasonable to try to protect children with a simple gesture?

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I don't know anything about this specific case, but I think it is reasonable to consider blurring out the young man's face. Too many variables that you don't know could be at play. I can imagine many scenarios where an innocent bystander gets casts in an unfair light. For example: Your child was in the store / check in with some buddies and said "what a great buck take my picture with it..." or something even more coincidental. How would you feel if he ends up splashed on a billboard presumed guilty by association? Is it reasonable to presume that people (especially minors) are innocent until proven guilty? Is it reasonable to try to protect children with a simple gesture?

The problem with your "scenarios" is it is not what happened and has nothing to do with this case.

IndyND

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    You haven't answered any of my questions. Do you know the child in the picture and all the circumstances around him in this case?

Top Bottom