18 month old first night in big girl bed!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    My little girl who we call stewie i know this is bad but she does many things that would remind you of stewie off the family guy. we had to get her a toddler bed because she was about to front flip out of her crib(she is crazy who needs a boy!) shes like a little spider man:rockwoot: so its her first night in her big girl bed wish me luck!! we just put her down.

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    status update
    well stewie is now out of the bed and playing with toys, shes well on her way to staying up till 5am(this kid doesnt ever just fall asleep)

i love her so much but sometimes i wonder what i did in a previous life!!:D

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    When my 3 year old had just turned 2 I knew the falling out of the crib thing was coming soon. One morning I heard a huge thud from her bedroom and expected to immediately hear screaming. Instead I heard "Whoops. Uh oh. I's ok." Needless to say her bed was converted to a toddler bed about 10 minutes later.

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    yes she is a big climber has been for a couple months actually yes i figured i would get no sleep for a few days so i took vacation this week from work that way my wife didnt have to take the brunt of it lol

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    yes she is a big climber has been for a couple months actually yes i figured i would get no sleep for a few days so i took vacation this week from work that way my wife didnt have to take the brunt of it lol

Smart thinking. Mine was super easy. She was so excited to have a big girl bed that she didn't get out of it. Problem now is that she wakes up super early in the morning and then wakes her 1 year old sister up by reaching through the bars of the little one's crib. Then she takes little sister's jammies off. If you have kids you know what comes off immediately after the jammies. Gross....

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Same general principle...

256188_1980109415258_1018842605_2288975_3528367_o.jpg

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My daughter is 22 months old...

A few months ago, one evening, we heard a HUGE thump and immediate massive wailing. Yep. She'd climbed / flipped out of her crib. No injuries thankfully.

We resisted the temptation to convert her bed. Glad we didn't. That we know of, she hasn't even attempted to climb out again. We DO know that she hasn't accomplished the task. She must somehow remember the fall / landing / pain...

We're gonna keep her in the crib as long as we can!

And as soon as there's a toddler bed in there - I'll probably put a hook/loop latch on the exterior of her door to keep her in. :D

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    My daughter is 22 months old...

A few months ago, one evening, we heard a HUGE thump and immediate massive wailing. Yep. She'd climbed / flipped out of her crib. No injuries thankfully.

We resisted the temptation to convert her bed. Glad we didn't. That we know of, she hasn't even attempted to climb out again. We DO know that she hasn't accomplished the task. She must somehow remember the fall / landing / pain...

We're gonna keep her in the crib as long as we can!

And as soon as there's a toddler bed in there - I'll probably put a hook/loop latch on the exterior of her door to keep her in. :D

Just remember the terrible two's go well into their teens and beyond.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    For a moment, I thought we were WAY behind. Our soon-to-be 3 year old is still in her crib. Never tries to get out, either. She and I have started talking about the "big girl bed" that is already in her room (a little day-bed). We'll try it out in the next few weeks.

Definitely putting one of the child gates at her door for a bit, though!

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    well after beating on the door for 15 minutes she got in the bed and went to sleep shes still confused on where the head and the feet go but ill take it she slept all night in it whew:D

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Just remember the terrible two's go well into their teens and beyond.

Those started 5-6 months ago...and are gaining steam. :n00b:

And then she'll cock her head to the side, ask a question in her toddler gibberish, and look at us with those huge blue eyes...

Aww crap, sweetie, I'll do whatever you want.

Top Bottom