• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    I would like to get some Big Dot Tritium sights for my M&P 9c. Is there usually someone at the show that sells them and could install them?

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I've snagged a few great guns for really good deals, so you just have to keep your eyes open and know what the price should be for what you are looking for.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Its a mixed bag from what I've seen recently, some tables are still trying to gouge on prices and others are good. It's pretty easy to find identical or almost identical pieces for 20-50% different prices at the 1500 on different tables, at least in the past year.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    It's a crap shoot from what I have seen.

Some dealers think their stuff is gold and some have good prices, the last one I went to the guy must have had the M1 that won the war for the price he had on it, and the other more beat up ones ust have been fro the same unit because the cheapest I saw on his table was over 1400.00.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    PM Indygunworks, he has them and can install. Plus he drives through Metamora on his way to Brookville lake/camper.

I do? :dunno: guess i never paid close enough attention.

I can install those sights for 25 dollars plus cost of sights/tax. if i pick it up from you on the way to the camper (not when its this cold) then ill need to bring it back to my shop... or you can ship it to me and ill ship it back... either way let me know.

XFCTR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Columbus
    Always been my experience to find some purty good deals at the 1500. The point being to find them. Some times I don't find one good deal so I just get my grocery list of reloading supplies. Thrill of the hunt. Another bad thing is to find that great deal and not bring enough cash. Happens too much but then I have a family and a morgage. Happy hunting.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    My experience is that the used guns are usually high; new ones, where there are multiple sellers carrying the same model, can be competitive. Convenient for accesories and reloading goodies without the waiting time for delivery. Not the place to get something cheap, but, man, what a lot of cool stuff! Crowd can be too much, try to go Friday.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    I do? :dunno: guess i never paid close enough attention.

I can install those sights for 25 dollars plus cost of sights/tax. if i pick it up from you on the way to the camper (not when its this cold) then ill need to bring it back to my shop... or you can ship it to me and ill ship it back... either way let me know.

There ya go, someone ya know.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I went to one about 2 year's ago with my dad and found some cool stuff including an old Air Force G suit. I was looking for a smooth bore Mossberg 500 barrel and kind of hidden away found a drum with some barrel's in it and there was a smooth bore 500 in it but was rather worn to say the least and he wanted $200 and would not come down on the price.

I like the 1500's just to see the stuff you don't see every day but it is like swap meet's....... you really need to bring a wad of cash incase you find a steal.

On pricing it was hit and miss.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I went to the last 1500 specifically looking for XS BigDots and no one there had them. I ordered them online and installed myself. At least on a Glock, it's a 5 minute job and all you need a hammer to drift out your stock sights. The drift and socket/hex wrench are included. Shop around online, I found mine for $89 shipped!

Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    Thats what Im finding, they are as cheap on XS sites web page as anwhere else, It seems that they dont make the tritium rear sight for the M&P though, Im not sure thats a problem but I would have gotten it that way if they did

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    ive been going to the 1500 since they first started over what 25 years ago?? started going with my dad when i was not even in school yet probly, and now im a dealer there (non ffl, just tac gear). you learn after afew shows which dealers always have outragious prices and which ones are fair and will deal with you. The only people ive heard of that say stuff is more expenssive at a 1500 are local gun shops that lose business because all their customers hold onto their money for a month before the show. except for your off the wall stuff, most everything you can find a great deal on. some dealers who only set up for the 1500 and dont travel a gun show circuit will give you a better deal on sunday when they realize they still have a lot of stuff that hasnt sold and they cant pay the gas bill to get home, hehehe. i have to say that i have sold at and bought at MANY shows across the country and the 1500 (though not the biggest) is deffinately the BEST gun show ive ever been too, and im proud that its basicly in my back yard (30 minutes away or so)

Top Bottom