• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Going to the 1500 re confirmed that a person can almost never purchase a gun from a table. I saw so many over priced guns I had to laugh. A lot of ammo prices were also a joke take 22lr ammo for instance, Remington ammo 500 rounds gun show price 21.99 walmart price 16.49. If your going to a show look for accessories or someone who is carrying a gun.

awittmer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Batesville
    2 20round Magpul PMAGs @ 11.00/1
    hogue grip for ar15 @ 20.00
    new knife from knife lady @ 10.00
    some buffalo mild beef sticks @ 5.00

overall good show
    could not find any tomahawks! saw about three

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I saw so many over priced guns I had to laugh.

For every "over priced" gun you saw, I saw two that were underpriced.

If the guns are really overpriced, why were they selling?

Remington ammo 500 rounds gun show price 21.99 walmart price 16.49.

Why didn't you buy it from the dealers that were selling it cheaper than Wal-Mart?

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I did pretty good for not spending a whole lot. Got a nib NEF .32 from Fred McIntire, thank you, a couple of jars of tannerite (that'll make my next shooting contest for my daughters more fun...) a "recipe" book, an old Camp King knife from the couple over by HGC who were sharpening knives, man is it sharp now... a LOVELY set from the lovely and talented Knife Lady... a little mag loader from one of the glock guys... a box of thin mints somewhere along the way. Some fella said they have real girl scouts in them...a charger power pack for mommy's flashlight... a little surefire for me...quite bright... one thing I did NOT get is some .32 ammo for my newly acquired revolver. Idiot. Overall a pretty good day.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I saw 5.45 AK mags for under $15. Saw SGL21 rifles in plum and black, warsaw and Nato length stocks $730-740. That is the cheapest I have seen them even online. Saw an FNX9 and 40 for $500. That is $60 cheaper than Buds. Same table had M&P 9mm for $490 I think so they may have been trying to get rid of the FNs. Ammo I thought was generally high except there were some deals on SD ammo and surplus east bloc seemed about the same as the cheapest places online. It was not nearly as crowded as January and I enjoyed it a lot more than the two January shows I went to.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    It's been a long time since my father in law and I got to head down to the 1500. I've been saving money, plus my five year wedding anniversary is next month so my wife gave me present money. :D Nice way to start the day!

It was a great day for me from the Cruffler aspect. I found myself a real nice cut down m1905 bayonet with brown grips and M7 scabbard and a real nice Imperial M4 bayonet with a M8A1 scabbard. Then one of my favorite surplus dealers let me trade him the M8A1 for a M8 for the Carbine bayonet. I also got a few original pieces parts from him...all for the Rock-Ola M1 Carbine I ran into. :D I haven't had the chance to go through the Carbine in detail yet, but the bore is shiny, there's no import marks, and all the major components are correct. This Carbine is your typical arsenal rebuilt War Baby and I'm happy with that.

The man said it was a CMP Carbine...which of course made me sad that I didn't join the CMP in time to grab a Carbine and the CMP website does state that they aren't expecting any new Carbines to arrive. I just need to join a club to finish meeting the requirements to join...and then I'm after another Garand. If you're reading this post and you're a fan of the Garand and want to one...you really have to join the CMP. I digress...

So I pretty much blew my wad within 30 minutes of walking in the door. :D At Midwest Gun Exchange I saw a Colt marked 1911A1 in .22lr. Now, I didn't know a thing about them and the guys at the table didn't know a lot about them...but for the price and the Colt stickers and markings, this was the gun that I "really didn't need to buy and I'll tell the wife about later." :D Turns out that this 1911 ISN'T a Colt, but a Colt licensed pistol made by Carl Walther in Germany and distributed by Umarex. So I don't know. I do feel that I was maybe unfairly swayed by all the Colt stuff on the gun...but then again I didn't take the time to fire up the Droid and try to do a search on it. It felt like...well, a 1911...so I'll withhold judgement until I take it out this week and put rounds through it. I'm going to remain upbeat and positive about it though...because it was such a great day. :)

So the pops in law and I were wandering about a bit, deciding about if it was time to leave when we happen upon another table of Lugers, P38s, Nambus...my kind of table! Well, Pops spies a late model rubberized canvas Type 14 Nambu holster. Under that holster was a leather early model Type 14 holster, perfect for my 1937 Type 14! The holster still has some faint markings inside the clam shell. The price was right and it was a great find that completes my Nambu rig.

So yeah...it was great to get away for the day and go check stuff out. The show was crowded and parking sucked, but you'll have that. The grilled tenderloin did come roaring back with a vengence at about 5:30 this afternoon. But I still don't care. What a great day.

nalees

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    Saw very little of interest this time around. No one had a used PPS and they just laughed when I asked about the Ruger LC9. They were all gone on friday... I did buy my "FAST Holster" and some full size human targets though! Met some nice people at the INGO booth and talked with Jahred at 21st about suppressors a bit too! Learned why he doesn't carry Gemtech :)

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I had been trying on here to sell a sks for about two weeks without a nibble at 250. Almost everyone I saw at the show was 350. So guess sks market is soft. Anyway, I put a tapco compliance kit on and will just keep. SO I stocked up on some more 7.62 x39. Although they only had HP. I also took my beretta neos along as I wanted to find a holster for it. Gent saw it and made me an offer I couldn't refuse! So I then stepped over to a table and got a Ruger MK III 22/45. Always wanted one anyway so it worked out.

I still didn't see the INGUN table. You guys need a bigger sign. Or I might get new glasses for next show.

My son picked up some glock mags for his 26. Overall we had great time.

Menace67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Noblesville
    This was my first time going and I was not really impressed with the prices. However I did score a new EOtech for $350 and bought some 30 roundmags (.223) for $6 :)

Px4user133

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    Westfield
    This was my first time going and I was not really impressed with the prices. However I did score a new EOtech for $350 and bought some 30 roundmags (.223) for $6 :)

I'm going today for my first time and was curious about pricing. what made you not impressed by it?

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Best Deal AT The 1500

I don't know what you guys might of been looking for but, I came in with a game plan to just buy some reloading supplies. That changed when I went by the Indy Trading Post guys and they had a crate of unissued Mosin 91/30's with hex recievers for $120.00 out the door! So I bought one as soon as I found one that the wood grain looked nice. So that changed my game plan. The othe deal I felt was good was I bought two 15 rnd mags for my Ruger P95 for $15.00 each down from $20.00. It was quite by accident, I asked twice about them being 15 rnds because I had trouble hearing his response, and that ended up being the price. I then poceeded to purchase a Lee Challenger press for $56.00 a set of 7.62 x 54r dies, and a set of 8mm Mauser dies, because I have had trouble finding them, WHEN I have the money. I then bought 60 rnds for the Mosin, wishing In had more $ because In did see a spam can of the 7.62 x54r for $79.00! that also left me with no money to go to the INGO table and get a hat and become a site supporter. Guess I'll just have to mail that in as soon as possible. All in all In walked in with a little over $300.00 and left with $5.00. Now all I need is my Brotherhood of the Fireball mebership card! I also got there before 8:00 am that avoided a lot of the crowd and B.O.
    It was just getting busy as I left. And I also nealrly got shot by some guy who may have been a LEO from Hamiton Co. He pointed his muzzle straight at me while trying to clear his Glock it took him a couple of times to do it since he kept losing his grip on the slide, I stepped behind his buddy for cover! :ar15:

Last edited:

panderson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    @PX4user133 what made you not impressed by it?

The prices just aren't any better then you can find at your local gun shop or online. For me personally, I like the fact that a lot of gun dealers are right there and I can haggle them down without driving all over town. Someone needs to open a shop in Hamilton County. They would probably do well but I dont see that happening with all the red tape Carmel, Fishers and the like would throw at it.

farmboy365

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   1
    Dec 22, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I saw some fair prices,some stupid high prices but no real steels. I pet peeve is the guys I meet 3 that go to the gun show and carry a gun around and don't know what they want to sell it for just want to trade it but not sure what they want to trade it for and Oh I don't have a cash price because I don't really know what it's worth but it's real valuable! That just makes me mad.1 guy was carrying a S&W 629 he clamed to be a lew horton I don't think it was.I saw 2 others like it priced at $900 and he said if dealers are asking $900 then mine must be worth $1200.I just walked away.:dunno: sorry that's. My rant.I did have a good time sold 1 gun and traded 1.and got some other parts.Thats my:twocents:

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Only saw one great deal, which I wish I'd had the cash for...

New Stoeger Cougar 9mm for $350, the only place I've ever seen come close to that was Bradis. Shop in Seymour usually runs a touch above $400, Gander runs $450+, never seen a new one at $350.
    If I'd had the cash, I'd have snatched it up.

Saw Doublestar lowers for $100 (got one) and DPMS and RRA lowers at $100, about average, and Acme had Stag and Armalite at $125.

Was gonna grab one of the DPMS but it was 10 minutes from close and the booth had a line 10 deep waiting in checks and paperwork, decided I could hold off, lol.

Ended up spending most of the cash for that on TGI Fridays on the way home, but a GREAT meal! Lol!!

jabean

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Went yesturday mourning ,not bad at all getting in the show .some great buys to be had by a few people walking around .Never have bought to much off a table . had a guy with a glock 19c in the box with to clips passed by and I asked him how much and he said 350 and I looked at the gun and I thought I miss understood what he wanted for it and he said 350 again .Whats funny is I still tryed to talk him down some but had to pay what he wanted . So shocker you can still buy a glock for a resonable price.:yesway:

Last edited:

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    Didn't see any deals on firearms, but I spent over $500 on reloading supplies, i.e., cast bullets, primers and powder. If I waited until I needed it, I would have ended up having it shipped and then paid too much more with shipping costs, hazmat fees. Feel good about what I spent, but then I didn't go home with any new toys either...

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Actually, another deal I saw came to mind, was still kicking myself for losing track of the booth at the end of the day...

Steel ammo cans, looked like decent condition, $6 or 4 for $20, last show I saw they were going closer to $10 each...

Top Bottom