• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Well, at least the kid tried to be prepared. Definitely shouldn't have whipped it out and should've learned how to use it first.

It's kind of sad that the kid is so scared sh*tless by what happened that his survival instincts had to engage.

po7g

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    Not good that the kid brought the gun. I think the school need to really think about talking to the kids and talking among themselves about what they can do to protect the children. weather its to have a armed guard, arm the teachers, take classes to do some sort of protection. The kids shouldnt be the ones trying to protect there classmates.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    That kid deserves a good spanking. Not for taking the gun to school, that should be allowed, but for waving it around on a soccer field and sweeping others with it. Those comments are just plain ignorant though. One commenter stated that the kid put it to another kid's head. Please someone tell me that my reading comprehension skills aren't lacking so much that I missed that in the article.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    One of the critical gun safety rules:

Keep guns and ammunition inaccessible to unauthorized persons.

Adam Lanza's mother failed on this, too. Now, she and about 25 others paid with their lives.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    One of the critical gun safety rules:

I use to keep my guns under the bed, in closets and in night stands. Then my wife got prego and last year around this time I invested more than $700 on 3 different safes.

Ive already decided that my now 9 month old will never get any of the combinations. Oh, and Im putting an outdoor lock on my inside door of the "gun room"

He'll have plenty of access, but always under supervision.

shadohman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    The parents were shocked by this incident. Sounds like they did not know that their temporary house guest had unsecured guns, the gun owner should have known better than to leave firearms unsecured around children.

Totally inexcusable, relative or not, I would kick them out and not let them back into my home ever again.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I use to keep my guns under the bed, in closets and in night stands. Then my wife got prego and last year around this time I invested more than $700 on 3 different safes.

Ive already decided that my now 9 month old will never get any of the combinations. Oh, and Im putting an outdoor lock on my inside door of the "gun room"

He'll have plenty of access, but always under supervision.

May your tribe increase!
    Wish every gun-owning parent were like you!

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    First off, it's sad that kids are taking guns to school to protect themselves. That doesn't say anything good about the school system itself. Second, he obviously has no idea what he is doing considering he had ammo that wasn't even for the gun and that he let others know. Third, the parents failed at education of firearms. And last, but certainly not least, is the relative that had the unsecured weapons. Personally, if I will be staying with someone that has kids I will wear my guns or keep them locked up behind locked doors. I'm a light sleeper so wearing them while I sleep works for me.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Sad state that he felt he had to do that....and sad that he lived in a house with "adults" who let it happen.

And most unfortunate that it had to happen NOW, when all eyes are already focused critically on gun owners. :-(

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    That kid deserves a good spanking. Not for taking the gun to school, that should be allowed, but for waving it around on a soccer field and sweeping others with it. Those comments are just plain ignorant though. One commenter stated that the kid put it to another kid's head. Please someone tell me that my reading comprehension skills aren't lacking so much that I missed that in the article.

You think that 11 year olds should be allowed to carry at school?

Top Bottom