• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, now that the cobwebs are cleared out, I might have to buy one. The 10mm pistols I currently own are real :): but I wouldn't mind having one of those plastic ones as a non-glock option. :laugh6:

Duke80

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2022
    Noblesville
    Here it is. New Springer Precision SP0168 next to the factory mag springs. You can tell 2 of the factory springs are already shorter than a 3rd new factory spring I had after only 2 range trips.

Attachments

• IMG_2998.JPG
      IMG_2998.JPG
      1.4 MB · Views: 17

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Here it is. New Springer Precision SP0168 next to the factory mag springs. You can tell 2 of the factory springs are already shorter than a 3rd new factory spring I had after only 2 range trips.
    This is pathetic on S&W part. I can't believe they tested these magazines or pistols very long. They are probably having the customer test them and fix as needed. It seems a lot of companies are doing this now days.

Edit:
    I sent them an email asking how many rounds they tested these new 10mm's. Never got a response.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    So.... for those of us on the fence to this day is a new off the shelf M&P 10mm good to go now? I held a 4.6" over lunch and had a hard time not taking it home with me. Sounds like a lot of heavy hard cast ammo wasn't cycling 100% for people, but there's still plenty of other great ammo options out there.

For my purposes, I wouldn't be putting a red dot on it. This would be for possibly deer hunting and definitely bear protection in the back country. I'd likely be loading up some hornady 180gr XTP's at near max load.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So.... for those of us on the fence to this day is a new off the shelf M&P 10mm good to go now? I held a 4.6" over lunch and had a hard time not taking it home with me. Sounds like a lot of heavy hard cast ammo wasn't cycling 100% for people, but there's still plenty of other great ammo options out there.

For my purposes, I wouldn't be putting a red dot on it. This would be for possibly deer hunting and definitely bear protection in the back country. I'd likely be loading up some hornady 180gr XTP's at near max load.
    I've had 4.6" M&P 10mm since earlier this year and had no trouble with it.

As soon as I shot it, I knew I was selling my Glock Model 20.
    It fits my hand like a glove.
    I have mostly plinked with 180 grain ball and tried some 180 grain Underwood Jacketed Hollow points.

But as far as cycling hard cast bullets, I haven't tried them yet in this pistol.
    There were reports of Glocks not cycling 220 grain at 100% either.
    So I've always limited my hard cast rounds to 200 grain in my past Glocks, and will likely limit this M&P to that too.

MY BIGGEST disappointment is that the mainstream vendors like Midway and Brownells still don't have magazines for sale.

YES, I do see other places that claim to have them, but I know nothing about these other places and don't know which to trust.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    I've purchased many times from Greg Cote LLC. Never an issue and always fast delivery.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've purchased many times from Greg Cote LLC. Never an issue and always fast delivery.

Thanks.
    I checked them out and they seem legit.

But they ship using the Post Office and where I live the Post Office package delivery is as trustworthy as the 3 Stooges.

And I see no option on the Checkout to choose anything else.
    I'll have to contact them and try to set up some other delivery method in the coming week.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    MY BIGGEST disappointment is that the mainstream vendors like Midway and Brownells still don't have magazines for sale.
    Midway has 'em.

If they go out of stock before you see this, Greg Cote LLC is good to go. I've ordered several times from them. Don't know about their other possible shipping options, I've never had a problem with USPS.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Midway has 'em.

If they go out of stock before you see this, Greg Cote LLC is good to go. I've ordered several times from them. Don't know about their other possible shipping options, I've never had a problem with USPS.
    Thanks, I just ordered 2 from Midway coming UPS 2nd Day.

I KNOW the USPS works fine in many areas.
    It just isn't reliable where I am, so I'm happy to pay a little extra for more reliable delivery.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've had 4.6" M&P 10mm since earlier this year and had no trouble with it.

As soon as I shot it, I knew I was selling my Glock Model 20.
    It fits my hand like a glove.
    I have mostly plinked with 180 grain ball and tried some 180 grain Underwood Jacketed Hollow points.

But as far as cycling hard cast bullets, I haven't tried them yet in this pistol.
    There were reports of Glocks not cycling 220 grain at 100% either.
    So I've always limited my hard cast rounds to 200 grain in my past Glocks, and will likely limit this M&P to that too.

YES, I do see other places that claim to have them, but I know nothing about these other places and don't know which to trust.
    I'm ok if one type of ammo doesn't work in a gun when there's plenty of other comparable ones to use. Sure I'd love to run the heavier hard cast through it, but part of the appeal of the 10mm for me is that I can control it well enough for fast follow up shots.

FYI, gunmagwarehouse.com is pretty reputable and they had those 10mm mags in last time I checked.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I'm ok if one type of ammo doesn't work in a gun when there's plenty of other comparable ones to use. Sure I'd love to run the heavier hard cast through it, but part of the appeal of the 10mm for me is that I can control it well enough for fast follow up shots.

FYI, gunmagwarehouse.com is pretty reputable and they had those 10mm mags in last time I checked.

I’ve ran hundreds of rounds of Sig 10mm (180 gr - 1250 fps) without any issues in the commander sized model.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Took my M&P 10mm 4.6", made on 2/9/2022 out for a test fire about an hour ago.

FIRST, one 15 round magazine with one in the chamber of Underwood 180 grain JHP.
    WORKED FLAWLESSLY as it has when I've shot these before.

SECOND, for the first time I tested one 15 round magazine of Doubletap Brand 200 grain flat nose hardcast rounds.

The RECOIL was NOTICEABLY more violent than the Underwood 180 grain JHP's.
    I would DEFINITELY want a stronger recoil spring as it felt like it was beating up the pistol.

On the third shot it stove piped, jammed, and magazine popped loose.
    tyhtyhtyhnjtyjtyujyu.jpg

Cleared and shot again, and on the second shot it jammed with nose above chamber.
    rththrtyhyhyehye.jpg

Shot more and the magazine popped loose a few more times, closed without chambering a round.

AS VIOLENT AS THE RECOIL IS WITH THE 200 GRAIN DOUBLETAP HARD CAST ROUNDS, I WOULD DEFINITELY WANT TO START WITH A STRONGER RECOIL SPRING.

At least for shooting hot 200 grain hard cast rounds, this pistol needs some tweaking.

Top Bottom