• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I typically do 150-200 as I like to be sighted in 1-2 inches high at 100 yards. This gives for a longer MPBR and my bullets aren't impacting where I'm aiming effecting the latter rounds. If I'm punching out what I'm aiming at I can't very well aim at it for the next shots :)

Relay4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Kokomo
    I know that with the M1 Garand and iron sights, 100-200 yds, it doesn't matter that much. That ought 6 flies pretty straight. From 300 and further use your come ups.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I know that with the M1 Garand and iron sights, 100-200 yds, it doesn't matter that much. That ought 6 flies pretty straight. From 300 and further use your come ups.

With all military sights there is a thing called BZO, and it's at 300 yds or meters depending on the rifle.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I've heard that it's best to zero in the middle range of where you expect to shoot. Example: if you think you will shoot out to 600, zero to 300. Shoot out to 400, zero at 200. That way, for the majority of your shots, you can do a lot of hold over/under within the reticle itself on the fly without dialing. But that's only if you have to do quick transitions between different ranges.

Top Bottom