• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    In commemoration of the end of National Preparedness Month (September) called by our Dear Leader,
    Presidential Proclamation--National Preparedness Month, 2010 | The White House
    and to assess the readiness of individuals/families to function in times of deprivation, I challenge each INGO prepper to the following:

1. For 10 days, do not purchase anything.
    2. All the things you use or consume must come from your stores, or be made by you. No borrowing (they would need their own stuff should SHTF).
    3. Since 1. is most likely not completely possible, especially if one continues to go to work and function "normally" (not in full Def Con mode) during this period, all purchases must be:
    a. minimal, only as necessary
    b. carefully recorded
    4. At the end of the experiment, report back on this thread your learnings, i.e. what did you not have? How can you prep better?
    5. No "banking" inventory before you get started, just begin on Oct 01.

Remember this is only for 10 days (longer if you'd like), and some disasters will be >10 days, and TEOTWAWKI is forever.;)

No whining or rule mods, just do it and report back.
    P.S. Bet you'll run out of toilet paper before you run out of ammo...
    :popcorn:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    A great drill! I'd participate, but the next two months leave me unable to participate in general since our travel and other activities make anything but a true emergency situation impossible to complete the challenge :)

I do know that we can pretty much go 6 months in general off of stores before we start hitting some shortages.

Top Bottom