• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WileECoyotee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Huntington.IN.
    Well, back from lunch, and finishing my shopping, ( will be updating my other thread about work OC )

Yes, I found that out the hard way. I only started recording after he refused to get a supervisor, so the only thing the video shows is him listening to his radio when he was checking my LTCH, and then him handing it to me, and lecturing me about impersonating an officer, then me walking away as he is talking to me, after I had had enough of his useless stuff. I did download the audio recorder app for the android, and it even has the option to skip silence and only record when words are said, and it doesn't use up my battery and can run in the background I think. So I will start using this from now on.

I guess wearing khaki slacks and a black polo with a glock in a serpa holster is enough to stop people for impersonating an officer these days.

I have contacted the chief, and am awaiting a response from his office.

Here is a picture of him.

We should start a " Wall of Shame " thread with pics of those Officers that behave in this manner towards anyone OC'ing legally .

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    And who are you?
    His identity and description is stated right on the license. Once it's called in and verified as a legitimately issued license then he is who it says he is.

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Not his problem. When the LEO runs it he can get the descriptors from dispatch if they don't match then the LEO has reasonable suspicion.

So if some girl at the BMV enters the wrong hair color you would then show your ID? What if Chucky has put on a few pounds, is obesity when you would decide to show your ID? Seems like people are showing their ID for a lot less than saying that you are the person on the LTCH.

Just FYI, descriptor info does not show up when direct querying a LTCH, just Name, DOB and License #.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    So if some girl at the BMV enters the wrong hair color you would then show your ID? What if Chucky has put on a few pounds, is obesity when you would decide to show your ID? Seems like people are showing their ID for a lot less than saying that you are the person on the LTCH.

Just FYI, descriptor info does not show up when querying a LTCH, just Name, DOB and License #.

So? That's your problem. Not mine. I'm not showing any further ID. Go ahead and arrest me and see what happens later. Carrying a handgun without a license is neither an infraction, nor an ordinance violation. So I don't have to ID myself. I provided a valid license. You can stand there and stamp your little feet all you want - it won't get you anywhere but named in a complaint and a lawsuit if you push it.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Which is why I keep saying if you are not driving simply state your name, address, and DOB and LTCH number. They can look up the rest if they want to push the issue :)

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Serious question for a LEO or those in the know:
    These LEO interactions where you are stopped/hassled for carrying (Sloppy CC / OC). Even though no crime is committed, is a report completed? Is the name of the "offender" recorded on that report (if completed)?

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    So? That's your problem. Not mine. I'm not showing any further ID. Go ahead and arrest me and see what happens later. Carrying a handgun without a license is neither an infraction, nor an ordinance violation. So I don't have to ID myself. I provided a valid license. You can stand there and stamp your little feet all you want - it won't get you anywhere but named in a complaint and a lawsuit if you push it.

Tone it down a little bit there guy, we are having a friendly discussion far as I can tell. I have never asked a single person OC'ing for a permit so take a chill pill. This is called talking out a situation....have a beer and relax.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Tone it down a little bit there guy, we are having a friendly discussion far as I can tell. I have never asked a single person OC'ing for a permit so take a chill pill. This is called talking out a situation....have a beer and relax.

:):

You think THAT is a harsh tone? You're new to the internet, aren't you?

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    As far as descriptive info goes, mine is correct on my LTCH, I did not even think about that being on there. I do remember when I got my fishing license that the info was completely wrong. The guy looked at me, asked me the questions and put down what HE thought they should be. I said gray eyes, he put down hazel, my eyes are grayish blue. I said blonde hair, he put down brown. It's dirty blonde, I use to be almost bleach blonde as a kid. He even got the address wrong.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    An individual is not even required to carry an ID while legally carrying a firearm so this whole "ask for ID to prove legitimacy of an LTCH" point is moot.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I have a question for LEOs here on INGO: How many of you and your co-workers OC when off-duty?

You will almost NEVER see off-duty OCing. There will be a few of course but they are not the norm. When we qualify with out off-duty pistols they are drawn from a CC position. OCing when not in court is generally looked down on. My previous LEO dept even went so far as to say that off-duty OC required a badge on the belt next to it plainly visible. Many young officers who grew up in the urban areas have never seen a non-LEO OCing before. In my 16yrs as an LEO in Indy I could count on 1 hand how many people I have noticed OCing. It's rare.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Serious question for a LEO or those in the know:
    These LEO interactions where you are stopped/hassled for carrying (Sloppy CC / OC). Even though no crime is committed, is a report completed? Is the name of the "offender" recorded on that report (if completed)?

I can only speak for IMPD...NO. There is no report completed by the officer. If he/she was marked out on a run then there will be a permanent run history attached to the officer and the address they were marked out on. Any person ran will be in that history and that CAD (computer aided dispatch) can be printed out like a report.

Top Bottom