• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Took me all of 30 seconds to not care anymore. :): Good grief, you can't fault a former cop for wanting to sell to other cops. There's a fraternity there. I had no great opinion of anything beyond the AR-7 before or after I read it. If anything this thread reminded me that I want an AR-7 again.

I...can't?

Why the heck not? :dunno:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I still hold a grudge against S&W for selling out to the Clinton Administration. I've been repeatedly told that that old leadership isn't with the company anymore. I don't care. One of the failings of America today is the inability to hold a good grudge.

Having read the letter from ArmaLite, I understand their position and agree with their right to implement it in policy, but I disagree that it's the best position. They say they will continue to sell to and service the rifles of, individual LEOs, even in liberty back waters like LA, NY, and Chicago. I say screw those LEOs. If their jobs among the ranks of the worst JBTs in America are more important to them than the rights and freedoms of those under their care, then let them find parts and service for their ArmaLite rifles elsewhere. If they want to leave those bastions of authoritarianism and Collectivism and seek employment in more libertarian legal environs, then fine, I would resume selling to them and servicing their weapons. If more such anti-libertarian politicians and leaderships of government security forces had a harder time keeping their JBT ranks filled, it might give them another moment of pause in their never ending war to expand government power and grind more of the constitution into the dirt under their bootheels. If a LEO is wounded or even loses his life as a result of such substandard repairs or parts replacements to their ArmaLite rifles, then so be it. They made their choice to stay in a dangerous and legally dubious job with substandard hardware. It's not ArmaLite's choice to make for LEOs which jobs to take. Let the LEOs make that decision when they can no longer get their bolt carrier repaired or charging handle replaced with ArmaLite parts. And, neither is it their responsibility to support LEOs regardless of which government they serve.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I had to read the Armalite response twice, but eventually answered my own question. Armalite should not make special exceptions for police in problematic states. All citizens should live to the same set of laws. There should not be a separate set of laws for police or politicians. If the law is a problem for the police, then the law is a problem. The practice of making special exeptions to gun laws for police and politicians is part and parcel of the same draconian mindset that gave us Chicago.

Last edited:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I still hold a grudge against S&W for selling out to the Clinton Administration. I've been repeatedly told that that old leadership isn't with the company anymore. I don't care. One of the failings of America today is the inability to hold a good grudge.

it really depends. Once Bill Ruger kicked the bucket, the company really changed.

Even civilian hating Colt has really opened up to us (more out of necessity probably). I would really like to see Colt, SA, and S&W give the ban states the finger. I wont hold my breath.

Obviously Glock and HK will not. But HK has never hidden the fact that their guns are too good for us peons.

Cowboy71

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Clark County, IN
    I'm glad I saw this. I was really leaning toward an AR-10 A4 Carbine since I can't find a Colt SP 901 or Scar 17s at a non-insane price. Well not now. Armalite won't get a dime from me as long as this policy is in place and I'll be only too happy to spend the extra $ with LaRue or someone else more supportive of our 2A in deed and not just lip service like Armalite.

Top Bottom