• ...and so much more!
  • Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Meandering about one of my LGS (Acme Sports in Seymour), I came across some locally made holsters. They looked fine, but what attracted me was the hardware. Like many I have a pile of holsters, sometimes several for 1 handgun. So another one to add is heavily scrutinized.

If I have to, and often do, enter a carry prohibited area I prefer to remove holster and handgun off-body all together. Unnecessarily removing pistol from and reholstering is increasing the chance of unintentional discharge. My :twocents:. However, this is problematic as most holsters have a pancake style loop setup.

Back to CC holsters. I contacted the local MFG through their website. Brian, the owner/operator promptly responded and agreed to sell me 2 pair of attachment hardware. We met locally and had a brief exchange. I installed them on a Black Rhino Holster for a light bearing Glock. Couldn't be happier. Everything seems solid and it moves on/off body with ease, yet seems quite sturdy.

I will give their holsters a try on the next need. The pancake loops pictured on top are OEM, under the new CC hardware. Installed on the right.

IMG_20220210_192554232.jpg

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    I bought the kydex owb "speed clip" holsters for light bearing handguns from this site:
    Yes. Definitely nice for strapping on and removing with the firearm holstered. :thumbsup:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I bought the kydex owb "speed clip" holsters for light bearing handguns from this site:
    Yes. Definitely nice for strapping on and removing with the firearm holstered. :thumbsup:

Wearing it all today to give a more thorough eval. Some drawing reps this morning continued to prove reliability, and doubly so as this Black Rhino has the tightest retention of all my holsters for this model.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Wearing it all today to give a more thorough eval. Some drawing reps this morning continued to prove reliability, and doubly so as this Black Rhino has the tightest retention of all my holsters for this model.
    It probably had instructions but I've been messing with it over a year. Speed clips, Rear then front for strapping on, then opposite for removal. Like a hinge, 90° to body when installing rear speed clip.

You'd probably like snap holsters also for your application, loops slide behind belt and snap on front. Worked fine with Sig p365 but larger gun may be bit too heavy

IMG_20200424_185107.jpg

Last edited:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    It probably had instructions but I've been messing with it over a year. Speed clips, Rear then front for strapping on, then opposite for removal. Like a hinge, 90° to body when installing rear speed clip.

You'd probably like snap holsters also for your application, loops slide behind belt and snap on front. Worked fine with Sig p365 but larger gun may be bit too heavy

View attachment 180944

I have not had much luck with that style. I only OWB, and IIRC I had issues with it leaning off my body on the 'Y' axis the last time I tried that. Been a few years, and with leather I stick with loops.

neycx1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2022
    Noblesville
    Meandering about one of my LGS (Acme Sports in Seymour), I came across some locally made holsters. They looked fine, but what attracted me was the hardware. Like many I have a pile of holsters, sometimes several for 1 handgun. So another one to add is heavily scrutinized.

If I have to, and often do, enter a carry prohibited area I prefer to remove holster and handgun off-body all together. Unnecessarily removing pistol from and reholstering is increasing the chance of unintentional discharge. My :twocents:. However, this is problematic as most holsters have a pancake style loop setup.

Back to CC holsters. I contacted the local MFG through their website. Brian, the owner/operator promptly responded and agreed to sell me 2 pair of attachment hardware. We met locally and had a brief exchange. I installed them on a Black Rhino Holster for a light bearing Glock. Couldn't be happier. Everything seems solid and it moves on/off body with ease, yet seems quite sturdy.

I will give their holsters a try on the next need. The pancake loops pictured on top are OEM, under the new CC hardware. Installed on the right.

View attachment 180870
    These are sharp, cool to see that they would work with you on something like this.

Top Bottom