• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I have a sporterized Remington 03-A3 that I want to return to its original configuration. What to do and where to go? Any suggestions?

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I have a sporterized Remington 03-A3 that I want to return to its original configuration. What to do and where to go? Any suggestions?
    Pictures so we can help you find parts? I have saved several of these.....there is a guy on here selling a stock for an 03A3, claims it's NOS, the CMP fourm always has parts, I have some parts, gun parts Corp has stocks and other parts.
    Pictures & what parts do you need?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Numrich (gunpartscorp) is a good place to look.

And when you find the Numrich part, check ebay for it. Numrich also cross-posts their stuff on ebay, sometimes cheaper than their own website. Like the 500 stock I bought. $30 plus shipping on their site, $25 with free shipping on ebay.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Have done that a couple times. Always costly, but rewarding. I'm not sure if it's still a good place for surplus mil stuff, but Friendship black powder shoot used to have gun parts in the flea market. Been awhile since I've gone though. Back before showers and indoor plumbing.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I did exactly what you are trying to to do a few years ago with my Remington 03A3. I got it cheap and sporterized on gunbroker. This is what it looked like when I got it:

51898966274_7c14178fe4_b_d.jpg

Thankfully no one had drilled the receiver, and the front sight was just pressed into the factory dovetail. I found all the parts I needed on Sarco, including the stock (they were actually selling complete kits). Some of the parts were clearly aftermarket commercial reproductions, but the collectible ship has sailed on this rifle anyway. There are a lot of places out there that still carry parts for these things (apex, liberty tree collectors, Numrich, etc), so provided nothing has been permanently altered you ought to be able to put it back at least close to it's original form.

Here's how mine ended up. It's a pretty decent shooter, even with an original 2-groove barrel.

51898725953_9df96d2f46_b_d.jpg

52174056312_5fb6fcaca5_o_d.jpg

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have a couple that have been sporterized as well. One looks as if it was set up for National Matches but I’ve never confirmed it. I have another that’s all in parts I’ll finish some day as well as an 03A4 and MK1. Great info from the guys above. Good luck and try to post some pics.

Top Bottom