• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Ok INGO ladies this may have been covered but there was no sticky so obviously it wasn't a big thread. ;) I was wondering how you mainly carry? The reason I ask is that my GF is wanting to start carrying. She will be headed to grad school next year and in a bigger city. Also, after the murder in Goshen it hit real close to home with her. She said she wants to purse carry but, I don't feel comfortable with her carrying that way knowing how much she sets her purse down.:ugh: So, if you would be kind enough with any pictures....(no not looking for tummy pictures or anything) just want to see what gun and how concealable it is on your body knowing women wear tighter clothes then men. Also, the name of your firearm, and brand and model of holster would be good. I would like to show her this thread so she can see what it actually looks like on another woman. She is roughly 5'3" 110 lbs and wears size 5 jeans if that helps.

Thank you in advance for any helpful info you might have.:ingo:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I mostly carry in the purse. Or I use the belly wrap holster. It is very comfy and stretchy. I also at times use my paddle holster.
    I carry a S&W 38 special revolver light weight. No pics sorry.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    .38 Taurus light model in the purse. This is my back-up/just in case I didn't on-the-bod carry when I ran out to the grocery store protection.

On the body I carry a Glock in the Blackhawk Serpa and a Kimber (commander size) in a leather (Galco, I think) thumb-break holster. The Kimber conceals rather well, but the Serpa-style holds an already-blocky firearm out away from the body more. (It doesn't help that I have extra curvy hips! :D)

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    it's getting to be a good time of year to CC in Indiana! I'm 5'2" 140 lbs. I carry the SIG P238 most times inside the waist band, different positions depending what i'm wearing and what i'm doing. i have several holsters, and still haven't hit on a 100% winner. I sometimes carry a Springfield EMP 1911, but it's quite a bit bigger. i don't have any pics, if i get time i will try to get some. it's pretty hard for me to conceal when i wear more clingy, fitted clothes. i've purchased some new loose-fitting shirts that i can layer over the others, or wear alone. it does serve as incentive to keep working on weight loss, a gun inside the waistband makes some of my jeans reallllly uncomfortable!

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I think this is an interesting thread. My wife is starting to talk about carrying and I want her to see how others are carrying. I hope more of the ladies post their experiences here.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    it's getting to be a good time of year to CC in Indiana! I'm 5'2" 140 lbs. I carry the SIG P238 most times inside the waist band, different positions depending what i'm wearing and what i'm doing. i have several holsters, and still haven't hit on a 100% winner. I sometimes carry a Springfield EMP 1911, but it's quite a bit bigger. i don't have any pics, if i get time i will try to get some. it's pretty hard for me to conceal when i wear more clingy, fitted clothes. i've purchased some new loose-fitting shirts that i can layer over the others, or wear alone. it does serve as incentive to keep working on weight loss, a gun inside the waistband makes some of my jeans reallllly uncomfortable!

I'll state up front that I just don't like IWB carry. But have you tried the Crossbreed Supertuck (I think that's the name, someone correct me if I fudged it)? I know MrsG likes hers. And others that I've spoken with who have it say it's the most comfortable IWB option they've tried.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I'll state up front that I just don't like IWB carry. But have you tried the Crossbreed Supertuck (I think that's the name, someone correct me if I fudged it)? I know MrsG likes hers. And others that I've spoken with who have it say it's the most comfortable IWB option they've tried.
    I haven't tried it, but i've been thinking about it. It's so hard to keep spending money on holsters and not finding the right one! I've been thinking about OCing more around the house, since it's more comfortable, but i don't have that setup yet, either. i don't think i'd like ankle holsters much, but i can see where there are times they'd be the best option. I would have liked to had one yesterday, when going out to dinner with a group that may be partly anti-gun. I did end up carrying, and i don't think anyone noticed, but it was a bit uncomfortable.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I haven't tried it, but i've been thinking about it. It's so hard to keep spending money on holsters and not finding the right one! I've been thinking about OCing more around the house, since it's more comfortable, but i don't have that setup yet, either. i don't think i'd like ankle holsters much, but i can see where there are times they'd be the best option. I would have liked to had one yesterday, when going out to dinner with a group that may be partly anti-gun. I did end up carrying, and i don't think anyone noticed, but it was a bit uncomfortable.

I hear ya on the trial and error. It's one of the reasons I carry OWB now. I just got tired of the whole process.

Don't forget though you can split the difference and CC OWB. Even with the fatter Glock and the Serpa holster which by design holds the firearm farther away from the body, the t-shirt pulled over it does a decent enough job that 99% of the people who see it don't recognize the bulge for what it is, even with a little bit of muzzle peaking out. It just doesn't register with them. Even when I OC, I don't think it's any more noticed.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I hear ya on the trial and error. It's one of the reasons I carry OWB now. I just got tired of the whole process.

Don't forget though you can split the difference and CC OWB. Even with the fatter Glock and the Serpa holster which by design holds the firearm farther away from the body, the t-shirt pulled over it does a decent enough job that 99% of the people who see it don't recognize the bulge for what it is, even with a little bit of muzzle peaking out. It just doesn't register with them. Even when I OC, I don't think it's any more noticed.
    Yeah, i've been giving some serious thought to that. Do you wear a gun belt, or just any good belt? i really want to get more comfortable with my gun on me as much as possible. my husband just decided not to carry yesterday at the restaurant. i decided to carry, i can't imagine how i'd feel if there was a need for a gun, someone being injured or worse, and my gun is in the car or at home. a lot of us still have the mindset of this being a small, mostly safe town. just today i was discussing that with my boss. i had to stay after hours to wait on a truck to pick up, and i used to only feel a little nervous when doing that, and would tell my boss to go on and i'd lock up. nowadays, he stays, and i don't protest much. i wouldn't be surprised if he is carrying, even though we aren't supposed to.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    That's what I do.

That's what all the cool girls do. :D

Yeah, i've been giving some serious thought to that. Do you wear a gun belt, or just any good belt? i really want to get more comfortable with my gun on me as much as possible. my husband just decided not to carry yesterday at the restaurant. i decided to carry, i can't imagine how i'd feel if there was a need for a gun, someone being injured or worse, and my gun is in the car or at home. a lot of us still have the mindset of this being a small, mostly safe town. just today i was discussing that with my boss. i had to stay after hours to wait on a truck to pick up, and i used to only feel a little nervous when doing that, and would tell my boss to go on and i'd lock up. nowadays, he stays, and i don't protest much. i wouldn't be surprised if he is carrying, even though we aren't supposed to.

RIght now it's just a cheap walmart belt. It's sturdy enough to support the weight, but not well-made enough to support the day-in and day-out load put on it from the weight and the repeated on/off of the holster. It gives out eventually. I want to replace it with a solid belt, but I haven't made it a priority to seek one out. And this is something I don't really want to purchase online. These kinds of things I want to try on for fit and feel.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Don't forget though you can split the difference and CC OWB.

That's what I do.

That's what all the cool girls do. :D

So, if you would be kind enough with any pictures....

I carry OWB like so... usually with a seasonally appropriate cover shirt/vest/jacket/etc. over it:

IMG_0608.jpg

I use this holster: Concealable leather holster and accesories - Texas Strong Side TSS

And one of these belts: Gun Belts by The Belt Man | tel. (919) 387-1997 | DUAL-LAYER BULL HIDE BELTS

:)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    P.S.
    Even though some of the saddle brown holsters are really beautiful, I chose black because (IMO) if a glimpse of the bottom of the holster is seen, people are just programmed to think "cell phone", "PDA", etc.
    When I carry a black gun and wear black...it really disappears.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Thanks for the replies and thank you for the picture Jet. Problem is she would be way out of her comfort zone open carrying like that...at least to start with and definitely not by herself. She may end up purse carrying just gotta get her into a habit of not setting it down like she does.

I'm outta rep for 24 hours so Ill be back to rep.

Mrs_Frost

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Ok INGO ladies this may have been covered but there was no sticky so obviously it wasn't a big thread. ;) I was wondering how you mainly carry? The reason I ask is that my GF is wanting to start carrying. She will be headed to grad school next year and in a bigger city. Also, after the murder in Goshen it hit real close to home with her. She said she wants to purse carry but, I don't feel comfortable with her carrying that way knowing how much she sets her purse down.:ugh: So, if you would be kind enough with any pictures....(no not looking for tummy pictures or anything) just want to see what gun and how concealable it is on your body knowing women wear tighter clothes then men. Also, the name of your firearm, and brand and model of holster would be good. I would like to show her this thread so she can see what it actually looks like on another woman. She is roughly 5'3" 110 lbs and wears size 5 jeans if that helps.

Thank you in advance for any helpful info you might have.:ingo:

I am new and not sure how to post pics but I have a keltic p32 and I carry it every way you can imagine. In the purse, open, concealed. I love it because it is very small and can be carried anywhere with no problem. I am 4'11 so the small gun fits well. Good luck finding one for her

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I am new and not sure how to post pics but I have a keltic p32 and I carry it every way you can imagine. In the purse, open, concealed. I love it because it is very small and can be carried anywhere with no problem. I am 4'11 so the small gun fits well. Good luck finding one for her

Do you have only one purse you carry yours in? She likes to have a different purse for every day of the week it seems.:dunno:

I would just hate to see her set it down and it get swiped, plus the purse is off the body but, since others do purse carry maybe I'm over thinking it. I know if she would be in a situation she has no means to really fight. She does have pepper spray that is on her key chain that she has in her hand whenever she is going out to her car just so its there. She has found a couple guns that she is comfortable with.

Top Bottom