• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mrs_Frost

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Do you have only one purse you carry yours in? She likes to have a different purse for every day of the week it seems.:dunno:

I would just hate to see her set it down and it get swiped, plus the purse is off the body but, since others do purse carry maybe I'm over thinking it. I know if she would be in a situation she has no means to really fight. She does have pepper spray that is on her key chain that she has in her hand whenever she is going out to her car just so its there. She has found a couple guns that she is comfortable with.

I can put it in every purse I own. I have a pocket holster so I can put it in any pocket of the purse. I have never had a problem concealing it. If you are worried about her sitting it down. She may want a pocket holster or hip holster. The only problem I have using my pocket holster is that my pockets are so small so I can only use it with like half my wardrobe but if she had a hip holster you wouldn't have to worry about it not fitting or her sitting it down.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    P.S.
    Even though some of the saddle brown holsters are really beautiful, I chose black because (IMO) if a glimpse of the bottom of the holster is seen, people are just programmed to think "cell phone", "PDA", etc.
    When I carry a black gun and wear black...it really disappears.

great info- thanks! i usually go with black too, for the same reason. i think that would work well with my Sig P238, which is all black.
    this is funny but not- i used to carry my phone clipped on my jeans on my strong side. now that my gun is there, i have to stop and think about that! i'm getting used to it though.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Do you have only one purse you carry yours in? She likes to have a different purse for every day of the week it seems.:dunno:

I would just hate to see her set it down and it get swiped, plus the purse is off the body but, since others do purse carry maybe I'm over thinking it. I know if she would be in a situation she has no means to really fight. She does have pepper spray that is on her key chain that she has in her hand whenever she is going out to her car just so its there. She has found a couple guns that she is comfortable with.

Note: most off-the-rack department store purses are not constructed well enough to take the daily grind of the extra weight (and no matter how light it is, it is still makes a difference; I carry a little 2" lightweight .38 and you can tell when it's there and when it's not) of a firearm. The stitching and/or the materials are just sub-par.

Best I've done with a department store purse is about a year. The purse made specifically for CC lasted 3 and I only gave it up because I was tired of carrying the same purse for 3 straight years.

Mrs_Frost

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Note: most off-the-rack department store purses are not constructed well enough to take the daily grind of the extra weight (and no matter how light it is, it is still makes a difference; I carry a little 2" lightweight .38 and you can tell when it's there and when it's not) of a firearm. The stitching and/or the materials are just sub-par.

Best I've done with a department store purse is about a year. The purse made specifically for CC lasted 3 and I only gave it up because I was tired of carrying the same purse for 3 straight years.

I never had that problem but I also change purses and how I carry a lot. I wouldn't surprise me that purses don't hold up well day after day.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    My wife has permanently borrowed a few of my belts for when she carries her PF-9. She says that the mens belts are much sturdier than most that she already wears.
    She used to (and still does at times) carry in a SOB holster that I modified to snap into her purse. She has recently decided that having her purse stolen, or not with her in a time of need, was reason to pick up a smaller pistol, so she alternately carries a S&W bodyguard 380 in an appendix holster that I made for her.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I have three holsters for my Glock 26.

I have my competition holster, which sits away from my body. This isn't something I usually wear in public because it does stick out so much with the extensions on it, but thought I'd show you what the G26 looked like in a Serpa holster. The Blackhawk Serpa holster is a great little holster to use for every day carry too. It came with the paddle attachment, which supports the gun a lot if you don't have a very good belt and it also came with belt loop attachment.

100_3947.jpg

The extension make it sit an inch away from my body.

100_3949.jpg

Next is my IWB holster. This was custom made by INGO member Localone. I've been very pleased with it, though I did adjust the cant a bit.

100_3946.jpg

Sit very snug to your back.

100_3938.jpg

Keeps the grip very close in.

100_3944.jpg

If you didn't know what you were looking for I don't think the average person could tell a gun was being concealled.

100_3941.jpg

100_3939.jpg

Even bending over didn't make a huge bulge that would draw any attention to the concealled gun.

100_3940.jpg

This is my favorite holster. It is a Desanti slide. It's a leather holster and there is just something about it that I really like. It's a snug fit on the G26, so much so I have ran with it half a dozen times and it has never budged in the holster. Now I don't generally carry while running, but I've had a few occassions in the last several months where I have found myself in street cloths and running while carrying. I was extremely happy how it held the G26. Even though it is a snug fit it is easy to draw from.

100_3945.jpg

Note where the belt loop is at in this picture: This is where I carry when I have my Desanti slide holster on. It is extremly comfortable. It doesn't hold the grip in as close as the IWB holster, but it's not on your skin either.

100_3932.jpg

And when I sit down or am driving in a car I slide the holster around to the 3 o'clock position and it makes carrying very comfortable. The IWB holster can be uncomfortable for long car rides with the pistol pushing into your back. This way the pistol rides on your hip and you hardly notice it's there. Also notice how high the pistol rides on the belt. This keeps it up out of the way and very little of the pistol shows below your shirt if any shows.

100_3933.jpg

Again it is very concealable. In the summer I wear a tank top with a cover shirt over it. If I get warm while driving I take the cover shirt off and can then put it back on when exiting the car very easily.

100_3936.jpg

Even with the pistol at the 3 o'clock position it is still conceallable with a sweatshirt on. I believe it's also concealable with just a lite summer cover shirt too.

100_3937.jpg

I agree with previous post when they said that black holsters don't draw as much attention to themselves as would a different colored hoslter. We as a society have been desensitized, because of all the gadgets we have seen carried on people's belts through the years.

The other trick that I have learned is when you lace your belt. Lace it on left handed if you're right handed, which means start lacing it on your right side first. Then when you have to use the restroom the weight of your pistol won't pull your belt off your pants because the belt buckle keeps it from coming through the first loop. Nothing worse than using the restroom and hearing your gun clunk on the floor.

One last thing. I don't believe there is a right way or a wrong way to carry. Each person has to decide what's best for them. I sometimes OC or CC loosely, other times I want to make sure I am really CC. I also purse carry, when it is just not practical to carry on the body. Each type of carry has it merits. Choose which one is for you or use them all.

_0llZll0_

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    I carry at the 4 o'clock position in a comp-tac Minotaur MTAC Holster. I have a Walther PPS 9mm. I find it to be very comfortable. I can drive, shop and do alot of bending with no problems. I also got me a belt from comp-tac.

Z

Mrs_Frost

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Wife carries a S&W 637 in diaper bag!

Haha. I also carry a gun in the diaper bag. My husband bought me a holster for our anniversary so I just started carrying on my hip but the diaper bag worked really well. My grandma would call me a pistol packing mama. :):

rn7554

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Haha. I also carry a gun in the diaper bag. My husband bought me a holster for our anniversary so I just started carrying on my hip but the diaper bag worked really well. My grandma would call me a pistol packing mama. :):
    It's so funny, she puts a bunch of diaper, baby powder, baby food, 20 round of ammos, and her revolver in PINK holster in the diaper bag. Everytime I see that, cracks me up. But I'm proud of her.

HickChick67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Am new here. Plus I just started carrying. My hubby got me a Walther PK380 for Christmas. I have sort of double whammy: trying to find comfortable holster is difficult enough but trying to find anything for the PK380 seems nearly impossible. Most holsters advertised "for women" hold much smaller autos or revolvers and will not accommodate a pk380. And the larger holsters are too big.
    I have been visiting a LOT of local gun shops for help and advice as well as research on the internet. Most ladies have recommended the Crossbreed Super Tuck or similar IWB and/or an ankle holster. I am still looking & trying things out. Wondered what ya'll on here would recommend.

I also am searching for a good gun belt. Haven't found one I like yet. Suggestions?

pipman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    SW Indy
    My wife has a LCP with a CT laser on it and uses the Flashbang Bra Holster with it. She likes it as she doesn't care for carrying on her hip due to her tighter fitting shirts she always wears. They do make variations for numerous compact pistols and revolvers. I don't care for it though, to me especially in the winter it is harder to get to in a hurry. I think I've finially talked her into getting a IWB for her PK380 though so we'll see.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Am new here. Plus I just started carrying. My hubby got me a Walther PK380 for Christmas. I have sort of double whammy: trying to find comfortable holster is difficult enough but trying to find anything for the PK380 seems nearly impossible. Most holsters advertised "for women" hold much smaller autos or revolvers and will not accommodate a pk380. And the larger holsters are too big.
    I have been visiting a LOT of local gun shops for help and advice as well as research on the internet. Most ladies have recommended the Crossbreed Super Tuck or similar IWB and/or an ankle holster. I am still looking & trying things out. Wondered what ya'll on here would recommend.

I also am searching for a good gun belt. Haven't found one I like yet. Suggestions?

:welcome: HickChick to INGO! It's a great site where you will learn a lot.

My first thought to you was, don't limit yourself to only one way to carry. Depending on my outfit and activities depends on how I carry. The only type of holster I don't have is an ankle holster but I'm looking for one of them now too. See my above post of the three holsters I use with my Glock26.

It's a lot bigger than you P380 and is very concealable of course I'm probably much older than you and don't wear a lot of tight fitting clothes either. Are you totally against open carrying or loosely covered conceal carry?

Also consider purse carrying if your outfit just won't allow on the body carry. I do that before I will leave it at home.

Good Luck

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    I can't carry in my purse because my children often play in my purse. Not a good combination! I'm just not going to risk it. I have a Supertuck. Currently I don't carry since I'm pregnant and my pants all have an elastic waist, and it doesn't work.

I find it difficult overall to carry with children around because they are always wanting to be held. So, no purse, and on the person can be complicated depending on the age of the child. I carry more in certain situations rather than all the time.

code_red

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    East Side Indy
    I carry S&W M&P9c in Comp-tac Minotaur MTAC Holster at about 4 o'clock with my cant pretty far forward. It doesn't conceal so well in tighter fitting shirts, but I don't have to worry about that yet (winter.) I'm looking into getting a small .38 just for that reason. I always wear tank tops under my shirts. I think it helps conceal it a little better. I rarely carry in my CC purse but like others said I would rather have in in my purse then not have it at all. I prefer to have it on me. I have had other IWB style holsters but the MTAC is by far the most comfy one I have used. Others were so uncomfortable sitting down to driving. This on feels great!

Last edited:

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Does anyone use lightweight vests over tank tops/t-shirts to help conceal? I saw a youtube video like that. I don't have a good number for a pattern for this type of vest, and I haven't seen any to buy, either.

code_red

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    East Side Indy
    Does anyone use lightweight vests over tank tops/t-shirts to help conceal? I saw a youtube video like that. I don't have a good number for a pattern for this type of vest, and I haven't seen any to buy, either.

I don't have any vests but would like to get one. I do have a light weight button up shirt that I wear over a tank top or shirt in the summer when I need to. I picked it up at goodwill.

Top Bottom