Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We ended the 2 day class shooting a stage. This is one array of that stage. I shot it in 3.60 down 3 points. Bob shot it in 2.80 down 2 points. My draw was 1.49 and his was 0.98. He is pretty good!

[video=youtube;VsuhfpjKPW4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsuhfpjKPW4[/video]

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Watch at your own risk

[video=youtube;F9_8BTn_0zQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9_8BTn_0zQ[/video]

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I thought it was well worth the cost and time. Some of it was geared towards people with loftier goals than mine. However, there were plenty of takeaways for me.

1) I got to see a top competitor run drills and a stage.

2) There were quite a few drills that I can practice on my own.

3) I left with the desire to actually practice.

4) I learned some things to change about my grip, trigger control and how I move.

5) I enjoyed hearing about some of the mental aspects of competitive shooting. I would like to read the books he suggested.

6) I learned not to stand next to an open shooter during group drills. Man, that gun was loud.

7) There are a lot of other takeaways that I need to think about. There were many tidbits that could make me a better shooter. I just need to think about them and let them sink in.

I was very pleased with the class.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    I learned that I need to practice more.
    I really need to work on my grip and trigger control.
    speed up transitions
    Improve on getting in and out of positions.
    Overall was worth it for me.
    Like discussed with another class member I would have liked a little more individual feedback.
    But It did give me some much needed motivation.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Observation 1: One of the two guys in the first still photo is sucking-in his gut.
    Observation 2: The guy on the right does not have a gut to suck-in.

One of the other guys in a later picture was as well. Rumor has no one noticed.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I'm a mean bast*rd, but I'm not that mean.

And I believe I just shattered the last piece of glass in the house where I live.

You are that mean, it's a passive agressive mean, but I contend that is worse than the plain old mean.

I enjoyed the class ,as others have said, I would have liked a little more of a one on one critique of the exact **** that I should stop doing now. I'm certain that there was so much of that it would have taken Mr. Vogel the entire two days to cover it all.

The time spent on movment in and out of positions was interesting to me, my movement is not as slow as I thought. Other things are slower than I thought and they are easier to fix.

Bob's explanation of his grip is different and makes sense, that alone will increase my dryfire/livefire practice because it will take some time and reps for me to incorporate his tweaks. I think it will be worth it.

Editing to Add

I have not yet begun to figure out all the stuff I picked up in the class. Daniel mentioned earlier, I came away motivated to practice the things I was shown. The learning comes with proper practice, nothing changes with just a few reps.

Last edited:

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I am still digesting. I can move just as fast as others....I didn't get any hits when I did it though...LOL. At my comfortable pace, I am 3 seconds behind everyone else with movement.

Changing the grip will be huge. On the stand and shoot Freestyle exercises I was more consistent. When the buzzer went off during the more active drills, I forgot about that grip.

I will start practicing when I have some free time during the week. It was eye opening for sure.

Fourtrax

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    I bet you guys will still be picking things up a week from now. It takes awhile to digest all the stuff experienced in a class like that.

I did notice, that Big Mike says he can move as fast as anyone else. I noticed that about him years ago.

You guys are all good shooters, give me the ONE thing that was your lightbulb moment........

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I bet you guys will still be picking things up a week from now. It takes awhile to digest all the stuff experienced in a class like that.

I did notice, that Big Mike says he can move as fast as anyone else. I noticed that about him years ago.

You guys are all good shooters, give me the ONE thing that was your lightbulb moment........

GRIP! that little bit more forward makes a huge difference. I already have the blue gun out. I also printed scale targets to put around the house.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    1. I'm pretty sure you took both photos when I wasn't sucking it in

2. I'm not in denial that I'm fat.

3. One of the people in the photos (whose name is not Mike, Jake, or Robert) is still fat

4. If a fat guy calls you fat....you are fat.

Sounds like we may have another bitter. You obviously did not pick up on the no negative talk, talk.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

Knowing your game is important. One stage plan does not fit everyone.

a zone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    The grip Bob uses is huge for me. Anyone my age finds that things tend to hurt a bit more. The strength of youth has slipped a bit. The change will take some work but what change doesn't. I rediscovered the need to move with purpose and to drive to the edge and back off just slightly. Also the need to practice like you shoot and shoot like you practice. The biggest thing was the joy of this game and the folks you share it with. I had forgotten that most of best folks I know are on the range any given Sunday. How much I miss this game. And playing it with all I have.

Top Bottom