• What date is best?

• Total voters

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Ok I'm starting a new thread to see what dates are best for people for this next meeting. Sorry I didn't do a better job of keeping up with that last thread and getting things set up. Farming kept me from getting online for a while. We are almost done so I have more time right now.

As said I volunteered some land to have our next meeting. It is a small woods with a creek and pond. And I also have an approx 50 yard shooting range as well. I also plan to have a fire ring done by the time of this too.

I'm working on talking with the people who were wanting to do the communications setup. I will bring our generator and if needed a power inverter to power the radios. Anyone else that wants to teach anything please step up. Otherwise we could prob do some firebuilding work, cooking over a fire, or maybe some temporary shelter building.

For dates I'm now thinking July to help give time for everyone to work it in their schedules and for people to get ready. As said before this will be a few miles West of Summitville.

Feel free to give any ideas.

This meeting has been cancelled.

Last edited:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Come on people, step up. hotfarmboy has some wicked mac and cheese, plus he's offering us the use of his property.

Thanks Keith. I'm sorry about the way the first poll went. Planting season started late and I had to help as much as possible to get done. There was no getting out of it.

But now I've got time. This weekend I'll be going to spray the weeds/grass on the range then mow it down and start cleaning up. I also plan on getting out and building a larger size lean to shelter to see if I still remember how to from Boy Scouts. So that people can see how to do one if they never have before.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Thanks Keith. I'm sorry about the way the first poll went. Planting season started late and I had to help as much as possible to get done. There was no getting out of it.

But now I've got time. This weekend I'll be going to spray the weeds/grass on the range then mow it down and start cleaning up. I also plan on getting out and building a larger size lean to shelter to see if I still remember how to from Boy Scouts. So that people can see how to do one if they never have before.

Didn't look like there was a lot of vocal interest in a June date anyway.

Ping me if you need something specific.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    hey guys I have wanted to get involved just schedule/life has not complied if you are giving canning lessons I am definitely in now that my church has changed it weekend schedule I am free on Saturdays again. both the 9th and 16th work for me.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Bump for the weekend. Come on guys let me hear from ya!! I'll be spraying the giant ragweed that's grown in the range area today. Then gonna mow it down after its all dead. I've got all the stuff to finish my steel target stands and will be working on that today as well.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    one more bump for a couple days then I'll make the decision. Right now I'll say I'll set it for the 16th. But I would like to see more people vote and speak up.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Well I was hoping for more response. I'm going to go ahead and set this for the 16th. Anyone planning on coming please speak up so I can get a head count. I will contact Grizhicks again and see if he can still do the comms class. If not I have a few other ideas already. If and when he can do the comms setup will determine the time.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Cancelled due to lack of interest.

If anyone up here in the northern part of the MSG2 area is interested in getting something going local please PM me. Maybe we could meet up for dinner or go to the range as a group.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Sorry, IP, but you were about the only one showing any vocal interest. I was afraid you'd be the only one to show up. Would be kind of a waste of everyone's time.

IndyPrepper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Thinkin maybe if a small group of us got together on a bi-monthly basis the participant base would grow?

Not busting your chops or anything but I think it would be nice to have a click from Central Indy in case S ever did HTF.

Right now there is a non official MSG2 get together for the Aug. C.E.R.T Training - https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._e_r_t_community_emergency_response_team.html

At least 4+ folks are interested in attended and have stated they will be going.

Maybe there can be plans for those interested to meetup at some point at Eagle Creek or Camp A. for a day at the range...

If anything is put on the books just setup the date and folks will show :-)

Just my 2 cents be glad to meet up with those interested folks anytime also be glad to help you in any way I can to establish so MSG2 gatherings.

Cheers

IndyPrepper

Last edited:
    Top Bottom