• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Looking at the weather forecast late last week, we decided it would be a great weekend to camp. It was just wifey & me and her idea of camping is a little more refined than mine, but from the pics you'll see that I don't complain much. I just cook what she tells me to cook. :D

We wanted to do Shades, but they were full. Turkey Run was full too. We ended up at Waveland in one of their campsites. We were able to pull back into the trees and you couldn't really tell that we were sharing a campground with other people.

On to the pics...

Dinner:
    P1020286.jpg

Ribeyes

P1020290.jpg

Potatoes and onions

P1020291.jpg

P1020293.jpg

Breakfast:
    P1020304.jpg

P1020311.jpg

P1020312.jpg

Pics Wifey took:
    P1020306.jpg

P1020307.jpg

P1020295.jpg
    Big Cherry tree at the back of our site.
    P1020300.jpg

First time I've camped at Waveland and it was a nice experience. I went for a walk around sundown and judging by the activity at the fish cleaning station, the fall crappie bite is on too.

TVon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Brownsburg
    I've camped with the family many times at Waveland. It's a nice little place especially when you can tuck yourself back in to the woods. We've never seen it very busy either.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Awesome!! :D:D:D
    Love to camp, even though this year has really not been in my favor...
    I am jealous, last week was perfect for camping, glad you enjoyed yourself, nice little retreat with the wife! Food looked delicious....:+1:

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    The only time that I had camped was in the bottom of the Grand Canyon. I was younger then and had more energy then I am now. It was before they built a sort of a hotel and post office or gift shop down there. When I was there, there was nothing but campers only. Met a nice girl there and had a great time together. It was 36 years ago.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When I first met DoggyMama I was getting ready to go camping and she said she wanted to go. So I asked her, "Can you take a bath in the lake and poop in the woods?" She said "Sure!" and the rest, as they say, is history... :)

Fabiga5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Porter County
    Very nice looking meals there! Definitely much tastier than the dehydrated meals I usually pack in down at Hoosier. I've never been to Waveland, but it looks like a really nice area for a weekend of camping. Have done the backpack area of Shades which is ok, but have to walk back and forth continually to see the rest of the park once you set up your site.

Top Bottom