Hummingbird trapped in garage - NEED ADVICE!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I just went out to my garage per my usual pre-dinner routine. I looked up, and SWISH, a hummingbird went RIGHT BY MY HEAD! I jumped back, got the kids back inside, and ran straight to INGO. It's still in there I think, what should I do?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Of course I opened the door. I just went out there and I guess it's gone. I looked around. Perhaps I over-reacted by posting on INGO about it.

I haven't seen them on my property before. Maybe because I was looking outside? :dunno:

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It's still there! I went out again and saw it flying around. My kids are freaking out. Can I just grab it? Dang thing is fast

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pejArbJHKyw&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Gotta protect the kids from those hummingbirds, they can be viscious. There would sure be a mess to clean up. Your wife, too; you wouldn't want her violated by one of those promiscuous flying rape machines. It would be terrible. She'd be waking up in a cold sweat for months or even years afterward, and you would never know... does she secretly harbor a... desire? Take your man card to one of those shredder places. Tomorrow.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    CLose the door, and go here kitty. :dunno:

They are everywhere at our house. They buzz the backdoor all the time. Probably leave the door open, it should go out. If you have a feeder, put it outside the door close, and it should smell it, and fly right out.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Such words from Carmel. My man card is in a safe deposit box and can be retrieved whenever necessary.

Can a hummingbird bite through isotoners or do I need to hit the hardware store for work gloves?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I can't believe you guys are mocking me. This bird could have fleas, rabies, bird flu, etc....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDeT9J1IkLs&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You DO need help.
    I hope your wife has plenty for dinner.

She's sick. Just made her a bowl of soup and back to bed. these gloves are no good for this. Sure, I feel and look great but I worry the nose will skewer my digits. I need something i could use to extend out and grab it from afar.

I'll keep the isotoners on so I don't callous up holding the pole. Be back in five.

Top Bottom