• GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Edited 5/7/13

This is a NEW steel shoot that I'm organizing at Hoosier Hills Rifle & Pistol.

Heavily modelled around FNS (with permission - Thanks chizzle, Don Parks, et al), our steel shoot will be three stages, shooting each stage three times. We're only allowing pistols of common calibers that are non-magnum. i.e. - No Rifles, No Carbines, No Shotguns

The registration time will start no later than 5:45 PM with Safety Orientation at 6:00 PM.
    If you miss the Safety Orientation, you don't shoot that night.

The Steel Valley shoot will be at our Outdoor Range, near Knawbone, IN. For those with GPS, you can try 551 Camp Moneto Rd, Nashville, IN 47448
    The map to this range is on our club site - HHRP Site For Map

I'll be updating this post as more info gets posted on our club site & might include a FAQ as questions roll in.

RULES

Match Description

Please, feel free to ask questions. I'll answer them as soon as I can get to a computer & check things out. THANK YOU!!!

Last edited:

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    I am gonna try to make this. Sounds like a good time and not too far for me. :yesway:

Are you planning to have different divisions like FNS. And if so can you bring and shoot 2 guns? Like 9mm and a .22 pistol?

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Are you planning to have different divisions like FNS. And if so can you bring and shoot 2 guns? Like 9mm and a .22 pistol?

That's the plan! I'm hoping to include the pistol divisions that are at the FNS.

Also, I appreciate chizzle & x10 posting links to the HHRP Site. Wondering if the links I posted in the announcement post didn't work?

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    That's the plan! I'm hoping to include the pistol divisions that are at the FNS.

Also, I appreciate chizzle & x10 posting links to the HHRP Site. Wondering if the links I posted in the announcement post didn't work?

Your links worked, they're just small. If you want to announce something that people can't miss, you've got to ANNOUNCE IT.

Craigh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Columbus
    Graig,

Thanks for pulling this together and many thanks to the MCFG guys for all their help !!

Currently, the entry to the range is not car friendly (creek crossing). Trucks and SUVs are fine. We hope to fix the crossing soon but, wanted to let everyone know.

Thanks,

Craig

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Graig,

Thanks for pulling this together and many thanks to the MCFG guys for all their help !!

Currently, the entry to the range is not car friendly (creek crossing). Trucks and SUVs are fine. We hope to fix the crossing soon but, wanted to let everyone know.

Thanks,

Craig

There has been a Little improvement on the mound of dirt, several cars have trimmed off the pf it and we drove a 2000 Chevy Cavelier across it Friday,

We talked with a Contractor Thursday about cleaning it up

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Its my understanding that these are open to all shooters, and the point of this type of match is to get people out and into the competition environment.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Last edited:

Bcampbell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Bloomington
    Hello
    I forgot to ask in previous post, is there an age limit?
    How young is allowed to shoot? I know the rules say 18 and under however some ranges does have a cut off.
    Thanks
    Brian

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I forgot to ask in previous post, is there an age limit?
    How young is allowed to shoot? I know the rules say 18 and under however some ranges does have a cut off.

The way I'm going to answer isn't with a "years old", but still hopefully going to answer your question. The shooter will need to be able to "run their gun" without a person helping them. Getting the firearm ready, loading, shooting, clearing malfunctions, unloading & showing clear are all things the shooter needs to be able to handle without major assistance from the RO.

As for insurance reasons, I believe under 18 with parent / legal guardian.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom