• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    We will be hosting a Precision Rifle/Long Range rifle match at Hillside Shooting Sports April 28, 2013.

Match Fee: $25.00

Make sure to come out and enjoy a great day at the Pistol & Rifle Range during our Precision Rifle Competition. This competition is great for beginner to advanced level shooters. This event will be using paper and steel targets at various known distances.

This new Course of Fire was designed to test the performance and marksmanship of the shooter and their firearm. Testing both at distances from 100 yards to 1000 yards. We will be using “shoot-n-see” paper targets for closer ranges then utilizing steel targets for longer ranges. All targets (paper or steel) will be a "HIT" or "NO HIT", shooter must "HIT" 3 out of 5 shots on target to advance to next stage.

Round count for this competition is 40 scoring rounds. There will be a 5 minute unlimited sighter period before each STAGE so make sure to adjust your round count accordingly.

COMPETITION COURSE OF FIRE:
    STAGE 1: 5 Shots @ 100 Yards on Shoot'n'See Paper
    STAGE 2: 5 Shots @ 200 Yards on Shoot'n'See Paper
    STAGE 3: 5 Shots @ 300 Yards on 8” Steel
    STAGE 4: 5 Shots @ 400 Yards on 8” Steel
    STAGE 5: 5 Shots @ 600 Yards on 12” Steel
    STAGE 6: 5 Shots @ 1000 Yards on 40” Steel
    STAGE 7: 5 Shots @ 1000 Yards on 20” Steel
    STAGE 8: 5 Shots @ 1000 Yards on 10” Steel

Last edited:

esmith17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    Divisions?.... bipods, sandbags, vices?

Never mind I just checked my email... might be good to post for others

Last edited:

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Divisions are as follows:

OPEN - Anything goes rifle wise (custom actions, custom stocks, custom barrel, F-Class support systems, custom handloaded ammo)

FACTORY - Factory Barrel/Action, can have after market stock, factory ammunition, Bi-pods and rear bags only, no vices or benchrest rigs.

TACTICAL - 308 Win, 300 Win Mag, 223/5.56 - Tactical Style guns (Bolt guns setup like Military style weapons, Semi Autos), Bi-pods and Rear bag supports no vices or benchrest rigs, ammunition safe for your rifle may be used.

Prone or Off Bench.

Last edited:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Will you be squadding so each shooter has a spotter/scorekeeper behind him with a adequate spotting scope to help get him on target with the sighters and to keep his score to turn in to the match officials?

A shooter without a spotter to help is just an exersize in frustration.

I will spot for any shooter that needs it if I can be there that day. I have been working a lot of Saturdays lately......

half-glocked

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I don't have a rifle, but can I come watch? Pretty please?

I really think that I came in to shoot at the tail end of an event you all had last year.

And if anybody wants to stay after and shoot handguns, I'll bring mine along and be game. :D

Edited to subscribe.

Last edited:

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Will you be squadding so each shooter has a spotter/scorekeeper behind him with a adequate spotting scope to help get him on target with the sighters and to keep his score to turn in to the match officials?

A shooter without a spotter to help is just an exersize in frustration.

I will spot for any shooter that needs it if I can be there that day. I have been working a lot of Saturdays lately......

Only 3 shooters on the line at a time with a RO and a spotting scope calling your hits.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    I don't have a rifle, but can I come watch? Pretty please?

I really think that I came in to shoot at the tail end of an event you all had last year.

And if anybody wants to stay after and shoot handguns, I'll bring mine along and be game. :D

Edited to subscribe.

Spectators are always welcome.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    thanks for that answer. can the spotter give you input on your shots beyond just hit or no hit? like your low, right or left, or is that limited to the 5 minute sighter period?

That I'm unsure of. Ill find out when I'm back in the shop Wednesday. But I do believe once you're on to the actual match, you are on your own.

Top Bottom