• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MerKWorK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Muncie
    I have been looking at the PWS MK114 for a while and want to know if any of you guys have any experience with the company or their products?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Here is someone else's story (my experience is shared in the comment section of this guy's blog) ...

Part One

Part Two

Our experiences have been with the conversion kit and not with a complete PWS rifle (built from the ground up by PWS). I think it would be fair to say that the blogger I linked to has had a decent response from PWS even if the product itself has been less than satisfactory.

For my part, I had positive dealings with the owner and positive performance from their product (remember, I sent the conversion back for repair before I had a problem ... as soon as I noticed the loose gas block). It ran like a house-a-fire during the last few three gun matches I went to ... including the one I mentioned in the comments section of the blog that took place during a torrential cloudburst >>> THAT WAS FUN !!!

:twocents: If I had to do it over again, I probably would avoid jumping on the piston conversion bandwagon and left my rifle alone. I would have bought a ground-up designed piston rifle from one of the many offerings currently available. That could include what PWS is now offering. There's also LWRC (which I now own), Ruger, S&W, Daniel Defense, LMT, etc. to name a few current from-the-ground-up piston designs.

MerKWorK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Muncie
    I often wonder what the LWRC would have been like, The one I had on order for almost 2 years. And then there was the P.O.F. that was on order for about a year. Both guns would have been a little over 2 grand. I got sick of waiting and got hip to conversions, the main ones being PWS and Adams Arms. I thought the AA looked promising, so thats where I went. No permanent conversions and I could spec everything I wanted. Anywho The AA has been great, no problems at all. I have never had any problems in the gun. Nothing has ever come loose and it has performed admirably.
    But ever since PWS came out with the dedicated line, I have been in love with the MK114. I currently only own one product from PWS...the FSC556 comp/flash suppressor. I love it, and the company seems to be very inventive.
    Once someone sees the deal offered in My Sabre Defense Adams Arms build I'm selling, I will probably roll the money into the MK114!

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    2 year wait on the LWRC?? Wow ... when was that?

I can't say enough about my LWRC upper (RRA lower). It has been a fantastic gun. Nothing flashy but utterly reliable.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i rock a pws piston system in my addax upper. its pretty smooth. basically turns the ar in to a ak. this is my second one. my first one i shot probably 15k through with out a single problem and nothing more than wiping it down and running a bore snake through it. the mk114 is basically what i have before they started really doing their thing. either way i haven't had a single problem and would say go for it

on a side note i also have a pof and lwrc and both are also great guns. i would give the nod to pof and lwrc for accuracy but only slightly. i think it has to do with their barrels. i think with any you will be good to go and they will do all you want

Top Bottom