• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    I just picked up a Core 15 MOE from PSS, I was just curious to see if anyone else had one and how you were liking it. It seems to be pretty comparable to my Palmetto, and over all a pretty nice piece.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    They are good for the money. I see them at about the same plain as PSA as well. PSA has a better rep though. Having shot both, I couldn't pick a clear winner as far as quality.

ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Thanks guys, that's kind of what I thought too. I think it will be a nice rifle to build up.

ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Thanks squidvt, like I said it seems to be very comparable to PSA, I just think it's going to take a while for the "buy a Colt or don't buy an AR at all" guy to agree. These are the same guys who didn't approve of PSA when they came onto the scene, but recommend them above others now.

Jerry45Acp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    in the country
    I have a CORE15 TAC M4 Piston Rifle I picked up at the CORE factory showroom (Good Times Outdoors) in Ocala, Florida. I've had the best of luck with it. It's a quality built product.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I bought the Core 300 blackout upper with the 10.5" barrel. It's really well made and durable. I had the gas port opened up so it would cycle better, but i think that's more of a caliber issue and couldn't see it being a problem on the 223.

Definitely a good buy for the money.

ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    That's exactly what one should expect from the guys at M4 carbine and ARFcom as well for that matter, I like both sites, but for lack of a better term those guys are serious brand whores. There is no doubt that DD, BCM, and others are definitely better pieces, but from what I see so far and for the money these Core rifles will suit the average shooter/hunter just fine, and the lifetime warranty is a huge plus. Would I take it to combat? No, but I wouldn't use a Ferrari to haul a load of firewood either.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Picked up a scout for cheaper then I could piece one together.

No upper lower slop, things were properly staked, etc...

But it did have a commercial buffer tube. :dunno:

Never one issue with it, and more accurate then I am.

ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Commercial buffer tube is the only thing that bothers me about the rifle, but again I'm not taking it to war, so there really should be no issue with it.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    Commercial buffer tube is the only thing that bothers me about the rifle, but again I'm not taking it to war, so there really should be no issue with it.
    That was a bit of an issue with me as well. It's not that big of a difference in the long run and it's also easy enough to change it out with a Mil-Spec buffer if it really bothers you.
    I'm really happy with mine. I changed a few things about my rifle, the buttstock is not a Magpul STR, and hand guard was changed to a DD quad rail.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

Rock River uses commercial tubes and they get plenty of praise around here. Bushmaster and DPMS does too, along with many others.

Use it until it breaks, which would probably be never, then replace it with a mil if you like.

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    bought one about 6 months ago. haven't shot it other than to sight it in but the quality seems on par with my Stag Arms m4's

ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Good to hear, I can see these guns coming along and being respected on the same level as PSA in the near future.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I took a used one in trade. Couldn't hit craps with it. Called Core and the shipped the upper back on their dime. They rebarreled it no charge and she is perfect. Couldn't be happier with it. Stand up guys solid product.

Fit is nicer than my DPMS.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I live in ocala now and I have talked to the people in the store....best warranty u can ask for....no questions...run it over with your truck is what one go said....I have been to palmetto store and seen their customer service...not impressed..the quality of palmetto is good but after dealing with them face to face and seeing all their multiple issues I just don't like dealing with that well

Mbomb3869

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    Muncie
    We have two at the police department in work at. They seem affordable and well built for the money you pay. Lightweight too. I haven't shot them much but from what I have they seem to shoot decent.

Top Bottom