• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Finally got my Ruger American Rimfire .22 WMR fully assembled. I ordered a Nutmeg laminated Boyds Rimfire Hunter stock for it and the stock arrived without the trigger guard which was supposed to be included. The TG arrived today and it finally looks like a rifle. It has an oldie-but-goodie 3-9x40 Bushnell ScopeChief. All that's left is to shoot it.

006.jpg

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    i would love to shoot one of those someday. my -06 RAR is my favorite rifle to shoot (that i still own)

looks good! does it use "bedding blocks' similar to the factory setup?

Damdamdon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 18, 2013
    Albion
    Finally got my Ruger American Rimfire .22 WMR fully assembled. I ordered a Nutmeg laminated Boyds Rimfire Hunter stock for it and the stock arrived without the trigger guard which was supposed to be included. The TG arrived today and it finally looks like a rifle. It has an oldie-but-goodie 3-9x40 Bushnell ScopeChief. All that's left is to shoot it.

006.jpg
    [/QUOTE

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    That looks sweet. The more that I see Ruger' American Rifle, the more I like it. What distance are you going to zero the scope?

I'll zero it at 100 yards, same as my .17 HMRs. I expect the gun to get some work in the p dog towns next month. I may put a little more scope on it for these old eyes.

Since the OP, I've changed the trigger spring. There is lots of talk on RFC about clipping a couple of coils off the spring to lighten it but I found that a stock 10/22 recoil spring is the same diameter and much lighter. I cut a piece of the recoil spring to the same length as the RAR spring and swapped them. The RAR trigger is now much lighter and still won't bump-fire.

Top Bottom