• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    AshyLarry and I went looking around yesterday and we went to 4 or 5 shops. All of the other shops that we stopped at, the employees were more than happy to acknowledge us and ask if we had any questions, regardless of how many people were in the store.

However, the employees at Pop's felt that they would much rather sit and eat pizza and McDonald's than ask us if we needed to see anything or needed any help. Other than the people on the range, we were 2 of 3 customers in the store. We were never acknowledged, even when I was virtually leaned all of the way over the counter trying to look at the Mesa Tactical parts. Right before we left (and this is what made me leave) the guy sitting on his ass eating pizza asked the 2 people that had just walked in if they needed any help.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Sounds like every trip I make there. When I go shoot there it takes me 10 minutes to get them to help me usually, and then they act like I am bothering them. The older guy in there is usually pretty good, but the rest have never been helpful, and I shoot there at least once if not twice a month.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    If your looking for MESA Tactical parts, I suggest you buy from Mesa's #1 dealer, that just so happens to be an Indy resident.

TacticalShotgunner.com

Tell them bigcraig sent ya.:thumbsup:
    I saw them at the 1500. The guy I talked to seemed to talk a lot of ****. He was bragging about out shooting people with a stock 870, etc etc. :rolleyesedit: He also kept telling me to ditch my 500 and get an 870 or a 590.

I know he isn't part of the company though, so I'm not basing my opinion of the company off of him, just making an observation.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I just made my first trip to POPS and received great service. The lanes were empty when I got there so I spent an hour shooting holes all over the place and during that time two more lanes became active. This was around 2 PM. I ended up joining the days only membership and plan on being back this friday and hopefully once a week from now on. People were also eating when I get there but that did not stop them from recognizing me and giving me proper service. Perhaps you go them on a bad day. Hopefully I will be satisfied as a member; time will tell.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Perhaps you go them on a bad day. Hopefully I will be satisfied as a member; time will tell.

A few others have reported good service recently. Maybe Pop's management reads the board and was finally starting to realize that the service there was going down the tubes.

BennyBlown2v

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    Went to pops for the first time today with a friend (Toole on here). The range is small and only accepts handgun calibers which kinda sucks... store selection seemed pretty good though, lots of guns...prices were a bit high though.

We got done shooting and after paying I asked the old guy working there if he could break a $20 bill for me because I had to have exact change to go get my handgun permit today (which I did apply for, yipee!!!) and he said "I can break it in half" and I chuckled thinking he was kidding...so I stood there for like 3-4 seconds just staring at him and realize he wasn't joking and was being a prick... So I walked away and on our way out he says "hey come here" so we walk back and he's liek "fine give me the $20" so I say "oh, thanks man!" and he just gives me the dirtiest look when he hands me two $10's lol...

Also I had to wait for 15+ minutes to buy more targets because all the clerks were busy (the old guy running the range was just talkin to somebody, and kept saying "i'll be over there in a minute" but he took his time lol)...I felt bad for the guy and his son in front of me who were just trying to pay and checkout and got stuck for so long haha...

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Perhaps people have to speak up and tell them they are giving you crappy service. I received decent service today, my first visit, but if the time comes that I feel I am being ignored or blown off I will have no problem letting them know I am dissatified with their service. If people just walk out and not complain nothing will change. I know one man told me that they do give preferred service to law inforcement which is OK if they are conducting business with them and not just B S ing with them while I am cooling my heals. If that even happened I would speak right up. Just my opinion.

ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    Perhaps people have to speak up and tell them they are giving you crappy service. I received decent service today, my first visit, but if the time comes that I feel I am being ignored or blown off I will have no problem letting them know I am dissatified with their service. If people just walk out and not complain nothing will change. I know one man told me that they do give preferred service to law inforcement which is OK if they are conducting business with them and not just B S ing with them while I am cooling my heals. If that even happened I would speak right up. Just my opinion.

Besides the people that wont be going there from hearing bad things about the shop. If I would have been in bennys situation i would have just told the guy to not worry about it.

It seems that we (customers) are on their time and not on the top of their priorities at pops.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    If I wait a reasonable period of time to pay my bill and nobody seems to want to take my money I say real loud "Guess you are too busy to get paid by me so I should consider this a freebee" and start walking towards the door and see how fast the people wake up. Done it several times and it worked every time. They get the hint real fast. Sometime people are just lacking in customer service skills and need to be educated.

ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    If I wait a reasonable period of time to pay my bill and nobody seems to want to take my money I say real loud "Guess you are too busy to get paid by me so I should consider this a freebee" and start walking towards the door and see how fast the people wake up. Done it several times and it worked every time. They get the hint real fast. Sometime people are just lacking in customer service skills and need to be educated.

HAHA! Ill have to try that next time. We weren't in line to buy anything last time, but we were wanting to look at some stuff.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Speaking of Pops...

Lars and I will have our collection there around 5:30 or 6:00pm on Friday (7/11) if anyone needs an opportunity to shoot the P250 or just to shoot the breeze with us. :)

Top Bottom