• ...and so much more!
  • HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I think I remember a post awhile back that said the city of South Bend has a restriction on 30 round mags, maybe some one else can tell you more.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Sounds like South Bend, I know you can't have tasers there either.
    Midwest has a sighn up that sais like 4 cities in the US that you cant have them and South Bend is one of the 4.
    .... And I agree, South Bend :noway:

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Sounds like South Bend, I know you can't have tasers there either.
    Midwest has a sighn up that sais like 4 cities in the US that you cant have them and South Bend is one of the 4.
    .... And I agree, South Bend :noway:

yea, south bend is a dump. its starting to spill over into mishawaka now too.

HollidaySlim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I found this. Not sure if it is out dated though as it appears to be from 1994

Here is a snip from the South Bend Code book

South Bend Code said:
    Sec. 13-97. Restrictions on the possession and manufacturing of assault weapons.
    (a) No person may manufacture any assault weapon, as defined herein, within the City of South Bend.
    (b) No person may possess any loaded assault weapon, as defined herein, within the City of South Bend, except as specifically provided herein.
    (c) No person may manufacture or possess any magazine with a capacity of more than fifteen (15) rounds for assault weapons within the City of South Bend, except as specifically provided herein.
    (Ord. No. 8468-94, § 1, 2-21-94)

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I could be way off here, but I believe it is completely legal to own 30 round magazines in South Bend, you can even buy them locally. I think that you just can't have companies ship them into South Bend. It's stupid, and makes no sense. But I looked it up a while ago and that was my conclusion.

But then how would local businesses get them in to sell them?

HollidaySlim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I could be way off here, but I believe it is completely legal to own 30 round magazines in South Bend, you can even buy them locally. I think that you just can't have companies ship them into South Bend. It's stupid, and makes no sense. But I looked it up a while ago and that was my conclusion.

But then how would local businesses get them in to sell them?

I would assume this also. I have bought numerous 30 round mags from Midwest with no problems. I am email the SBPD to see if I can get a little clarification of the issue.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I would assume this also. I have bought numerous 30 round mags from Midwest with no problems. I am email the SBPD to see if I can get a little clarification of the issue.
    Midwest gun exchange is not in South Bend and never has been....
    Now Indiana Arms & Ammo is in south bend though and they also sell 30 Rnd. mags.....:dunno:
    Midwest won't sell a tazer to a SB resident though.
    The tazers require a background check for the ones that shoot too, I was surprised at that.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    The recent gun show at the century center they had 30 rd mags. You'll need them if you plan on walking around downtown. :^)

Professor Thump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Indy
    Twenty Five years ago I had relocated my young family to the West side of Southbend on Lawndale Ave. We rented a house in this area thinking it was a decent neighborhood. The day we moved in there was a teenager running across the lawn with a bunch of kids chasing him. I said to my wife "aww... Look honey the kids are playing." Ten minutes later they came back the other direction. This time the punks all had wooden bats and pipes. I thought to myself we had moved to the wrong neighborhood.

During the next year there were 12 car break ins including our vehicle. Some Cady even had their dash laying on the lawn in the morning. But what took the cake was that they poisoned my favorite dog. I don't know how anyone could ever do that. I miss my dog Rusty but I don't miss the punks.

I don't know what is wrong with SB. You have Notre Dame there and St. Mary's. You would think that this would make it a great college town. Evidently the problem is too big.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Originally Posted by South Bend Code
    Sec. 13-97. Restrictions on the possession and manufacturing of assault weapons.
    (a) No person may manufacture any assault weapon, as defined herein, within the City of South Bend.
    (b) No person may possess any loaded assault weapon, as defined herein, within the City of South Bend, except as specifically provided herein.
    (c) No person may manufacture or possess any magazine with a capacity of more than fifteen (15) rounds for assault weapons within the City of South Bend, except as specifically provided herein.
    (Ord. No. 8468-94, § 1, 2-21-94)

part a of this has me a little confused, didnt Len used to build FAL's ?

and the question about affecting county residents, I've ordered numerous and live in the county, as long as your address does not say south bend your good to go

Top Bottom