• ...and so much more!
  • dwp9mm

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greensburg
    Gun owners need to fight back. Ban the violent video games from anyone under 21. Bet ya everone of those kids in that anti-gun march play those violent games killing others on the tv screen. Lets start a movement #21ornogame !

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I get it. I think we found Wayne LaPierre's INGO account.

Nice try, Wayne.

giphy.gif

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I get what he's saying. They want to ban stuff, let's ban it all.
    No guns.
    No depictions of guns.
    No violent movies or video games.
    No violent music or media of any kind.

Screw it, let's go full retard!

dwp9mm

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greensburg
    Lol I didnt say BAN them, change the age to BUY AND PLAY to 21 if they are mature. I guess from these comments you guys arent MATURE enough to play them either..... ;) Those kids at that march are spewing leftwing anti-gun bs. Put down your xbox remote and dont get upset when someone says 21 not 15 is ok to play them.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    OP - I see what you're selling, however I agree with the Tropic Thunder quote posted up thread.
    Two "wrongs" don't make a Right. It could make a good counter point, but would it actually "fix" anything? Their "parents" would simply continue to buy the games for them to appease the children... Just like today...

dwp9mm

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greensburg
    Thanks for your comment. I dont see it as a wrong at this point to keep violent games out of troubled teens hands. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Blaming the games is like blaming the guns as far as I'm concerned.

Yup.
    -Recognizing the issues between the teens ears is step #1.
    -Taking actions to address these issues is step #2.
    -Agree if teen is troubled take away the violent games.
    -Stay the course in your actions. Tough love is the truest.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    OP - I see what you're selling, however I agree with the Tropic Thunder quote posted up thread.
    Two "wrongs" don't make a Right. It could make a good counter point, but would it actually "fix" anything? Their "parents" would simply continue to buy the games for them to appease the children... Just like today...
    Which is the exact reasoning that will make us lose the fight! Play the game as they play it, not as a gentleman would! Fight fire with fire and all that.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Lol I didnt say BAN them, change the age to BUY AND PLAY to 21 if they are mature. I guess from these comments you guys arent MATURE enough to play them either..... ;) Those kids at that march are spewing leftwing anti-gun bs. Put down your xbox remote and dont get upset when someone says 21 not 15 is ok to play them.

Are you really serious about this? Then you're not mature enough to understand how the world works and how family and upbringing works. Also, same with movies that certain age aren't allowed to watch. Besides US, the rest of the third world countries can watch those movies regardless of how old you are, yet, here in US, we have the most mentally unstable/entitled teens, which later turn into entitled adults. This is not a video game issue. This is not my opinion. This is experience from growing up in a third world country.

dwp9mm

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greensburg
    Still your opinion. The parents cant punish thier kids here in the USA by spanking or other means. Third world countries dont have the same problems we have because they can punish their kids and they dont have access to a lot of games and other things we have. So therefore it IS your opinion...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Last edited:

dwp9mm

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greensburg
    Think I will take another vacation lol.... Everyone has an opinion and they dont have to like mine but I respect theirs.....

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Regardless of what is next on the ban list...the age of majority should be the age of majority, as in a single age. You're either old enough to decide for yourself or you're not. If the country is going to send you off to fight its wars you should be able to decide if you want to smoke or drink.

Heck, maybe majority should require a test; I don't think some people ever grow up.

As to the OP, don't we already have a game rating system? Some parents let their kids play Mature rated games just like some let their 6yr olds sit in on R rated movies. There's no accounting for bad parenting.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Think I will take another vacation lol.... Everyone has an opinion and they dont have to like mine but I respect theirs.....

You're being challenged because the "video games cause violence" scapegoat has never been proven. The onus is on you to provide evidence, more than just opinions.

Personally, I think it's being repeated lately because it's the stance that the NRA and Trump have taken... so those that follow them closely tend to repeat what they say.

Colion Noir and Dana Loesch, at least prior to 2018, didn't follow along with the "games = violence" nonsense. Maybe listen to them instead?

Top Bottom