• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    Should Indiana require training for a license to carry a handgun?
    Indiana bill would require basic class to carry gun

I'm not going to be nice about this, if that gets a hearing and HB1144 and 1143 do not, then as a community we ALL should take a could of days god down to Indy and pay this guy's office a nice respectful visit, give them 8 hours of trainning on the difference between Right and Privilege.
    Then go over to the House and give chairman on the board a nice talking too as well. I think that will help really dive home the point.

Fred78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    There isn't one permit, or license that some public servant has come up with that has let him put his greedy, sticky little fingers in our pockets. Our glorious public servants can come with a plan for everything but some decent jobs.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Should Indiana require training for a license to carry a handgun?
    Indiana bill would require basic class to carry gun

I'm not going to be nice about this, if that gets a hearing and HB1144 and 1143 do not, then as a community we ALL should take a could of days god down to Indy and pay this guy's office a nice respectful visit, give them 8 hours of trainning on the difference between Right and Privilege.
    Then go over to the House and give chairman on the board a nice talking too as well. I think that will help really dive home the point.

So, if we all have training, then how SOON, will ALL of the so called "gun free zones", go away ..... SCHOOLS, Downtown Indy, ALL of the venues, malls, etc.......

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm all for training! I am ready to start the training required to legally possess and operate fully automatic firearms ASAP.

Required? None is required right now. The only thing you need is a full-auto that's in the registry already, from before 1986, a place to shoot it, and enough money to buy it, feed it, and have paid the tax stamp on it. (and yeah, I know you knew that.)

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Requiring "training" before somebody can exercise a constitutional right will eventually be used to stifle that right.

Apply this same logic to ALL of our constitutional rights if it's such a great idea

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Our right to bear (carry) arms should not even require a permit/license. Therefore, I can not support a requirement for training either. Regardless, one time training is pointless anyways. Ultimately I think the training requirement many states have is solely to make it harder to get the permit/license with the hope that it will deter many people.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Some states have adopted a tier system, tier one requires no test or training, and only requires a background check. The second tier requires a test, training, photo and background check, and is accepted in other states. I would take a test and train if my permit was accepted in as many states as Utah. People who don't travel could remain as is now.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I am certainly not for this happening in IN. MA required training but it was a basic NRA safety course.What are they proposing for you guys? I would lay some blame on the few idiot owners who get themselves in the news. Then it makes sense to the public who are not educated about firearms.

BTW for Mr. Freeman. I saw your argument against it. Nicely done. It would affect the poor the most.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Some states have adopted a tier system, tier one requires no test or training, and only requires a background check. The second tier requires a test, training, photo and background check, and is accepted in other states. I would take a test and train if my permit was accepted in as many states as Utah. People who don't travel could remain as is now.

An IN lawmaker tried to introduce this a year or so ago. It was not heard in committee due in part to the fact that it was handily opposed. Such "two tier" systems quickly become one-tier, effectively, as states withdraw their recognition of the permission slip with the lower standard to obtain.
    Wisconsin, for example, will recognize the permit for a non-resident of Virginia, but not a resident, because the non-resident is subjected to a higher level of scrutiny when applying for the permit.

As for you, you may test and train in as many states as you like, that offer that option. According to handgunlaw.us, there are 27 others, and also the District of Columbia.

I will fight any effort to make "testing" and/or "training" mandatory for any LTCH in Indiana.

Blessings,
    Bill

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Should have been under the machine gun post, but the NFA laws need to change too. Get rid of the 1986 law, and they will be back down to about $600 for an M16 instead of $10,000 + for a basic beat up shooter. Before that, the local gun shop use to charge about $300 to convert an AR to an M16 but most of that cost was the extra pieces. There is really only 1 more hole to drill and 1 piece that needs added during production, and the cost would be no more than an AR to build it if we were able to buy them already built. The military buys them in bulk, and they use to pay around $350 in the late 1990's. There is no real reason for this law, and it should go away. I know a lot of people consider it an investment, but I'd gladly lose money on my "investment" and be able to buy and shoot several more than have it like it is. I would love a current model sub machine gun like an MP5 or the new Sig Sauer with the muzzle break that you add a can to to make it a silencer.

Last edited:

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Well I have watched folks buying a handgun that had no idea how to load it, take it off safety, aim it, in other words they were totally clueless.

In fact they even needed help in filling out the paper work, form 4473.

Yet these same people walked out with a handgun!

Yup these are the people we need to have running around armed.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Well I have watched folks buying a handgun that had no idea how to load it, take it off safety, aim it, in other words they were totally clueless.

That describes everyone at some point.
    That also doesn't make a right any less of a right.
    Mandatory training to exercise a freedom removes that freedom.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

Describes me at age 8.

So the person or idiot that has no idea what they are doing has the right????????????????????????????????

Amazing logic.

Yeah, It's #2 , ya know, THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.
    It doesn't say the right to bear arms after you get some training, or the right to bear arms if we think you can handle it.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    And you know as well as I do that you have seen people in public who have business to own a firearm unless they have some sort of training, if you do not believe this you live in LaLa land.

Just check the threads regarding the idiot at the range and his actions.

Top Bottom