• Status
    Not open for further replies.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Mark your calendars now! The next official INGO AR15 build party will be taking place Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 2:00pm in the clubhouse at Marion County Fish and Game Assn. (7052 Crawfordsville Road, Indianapolis).

We will have tools and know-how on hand to help you get those uppers and lowers built up for your next project gun. What a great way to spend a cold winters day!

Post here if you will be attending and if you have tools to share. Any INGOers are welcome to attend!

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    This is just what I need to cheer me up after the post election let down. I already have parts, tools, reciever blocks, etc...

Last time it was just lowers. Lets to uppers too this time.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I can't come. This is the same day as the next 1500.... Might be a good idea to have it the weekend after? Might get a stronger turnout as people can bring their stuff they grabbed at the 1500 to assemble.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I can't come. This is the same day as the next 1500.... Might be a good idea to have it the weekend after? Might get a stronger turnout as people can bring their stuff they grabbed at the 1500 to assemble.

:facepalm:

I didn't even look at the 1500 schedule. I will move it one week out.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I'd like to attend. I'm debating between buying my first AR or building one. At the very least, I'll be there to gain some knowledge.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'd like to attend. I'm debating between buying my first AR or building one. At the very least, I'll be there to gain some knowledge.

Build it! With an avatar like that, you can do anything!:D Whoo hoo, I just hit 700 posts and you are at 999!

JeepArn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Avon
    IN!

I will put up a thread prior to the event in case anyone needs me to bring any parts from the shop to sell (LPKs, stock kits, upgrades, random small parts).

I'm in too. Can someone post a list of what's needed to build an AR? And maybe places to source said parts? Maybe an idea of cost range (to build a reasonable AR) so I can squirrel away some monies. :laugh:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The basic carbine would be -
    1. stripped AR-15 lower (pick your favorite roll mark / brand. most brands are dimensionally identical but... )
    2. LPK = lower parts kit (safety, take down pins, all springs and detents, buffer retaining spring and pin, most come with standard A2 grips, most include the fire control group / trigger assembly)
    3. buffer tube = receiver extension tube (comes in two diameter; commercial & mil spec). While functionally identical, Mil spec are considered slightly higher quality, slightly more expensive and slightly more common.
    3a. buffer tubes can come in kits including the actual tube, spring, buffer, latch plate & castle nut
    4. stock (commercial sized or mil spec)

That gets you the bottom half. You can assemble the lower at home with common tools but I'm sure there will be all the specialty tools at this party.

Buy a pre-assembled upper, bolt assembly, sights, charging handle, mags, ammo, pin it together and go shoot.

Anyone want to +/- from this feel free. :ingo:

Last edited:

Black Beauty

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    as far as not being a vendor, will it be ok to bring extra parts to sell cheap in case someone needs a part? i'm not in to make a killing on parts. i would just like to bring what i have to help anyone out for next to nothing if that's ok. thanks

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    If anyone wants to build any uppers I can bring my CLAW for both the AR10 and AR15 platforms. Just would need a vise.....

I'll bring all my punches and other stuff as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom