• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Was in Cinci for a wedding on Saturday. Went a little early and killed some time at Jungle Jims, then stopped at a place called "Target World" (NameJet) which was just a few miles from the wedding on the north east side.

They had a Shield so I asked to look at it. REALLY good fit in the hand, thats for sure! Good sights, points nice, basically everything I like in an M&P, but smaller. Im still pretty meh on the safety. Its very easy to slip off, but difficult to push on from a shooting grip, which is a good thing. Unfortunately for me its probably to big for my goal of a pocket 9, but its definitely on my 'list'.

I was hoping to shoot it since they have an indoor range, and they have a Shield as a rental gun, but they had a 2 hour wait and I didnt have time. So next step is to somehow get someone to let me shoot their shield :) (hint hint)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Initial thoughts on the trigger?

I handled one at Gander Mountain in Greenwood on Friday afternoon.

Seemed "cleaner" than a standard M&P trigger, but a lot stiffer.

I like a standard trigger + Apex sear better... Wonder if an Apex sear would fit in a Shield?

-J-

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Initial thoughts on the trigger?

I handled one at Gander Mountain in Greenwood on Friday afternoon.

Seemed "cleaner" than a standard M&P trigger, but a lot stiffer.

I like a standard trigger + Apex sear better... Wonder if an Apex sear would fit in a Shield?

-J-

That was pretty well my experience too. Seemed a little stout, but less take up and a more tactile reset.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    That was pretty well my experience too. Seemed a little stout, but less take up and a more tactile reset.

yup, I would agree. It does have a funky click right at the end of the take up. Its a good factory trigger, better than the previous M&P triggers, but I still like my Apex Tactical trigger better.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Yeah it was a pretty decent store! A lot of selection of multiple things. Hell they even had a $15,000.00 gun safe on the floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it was BUILT! The door was like 6" thick!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Spasmo picked up her Shield on Friday. She's quite happy with it, which is saying something since she's had such a hard time finding a pistol she likes.

Top Bottom