• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I traded in my Taurus Model 85 Utralite .38; it wasn't comfortable for back pocket carry. The cylinder put too much pressure on my rump when I was seated.

The gun store (Plainfield Shooter's Supply). Cash out of pocket $69.00 for this baby:

bersa.JPG

I looked at the regular .380 and was a bit concerned about the sights snagging, so I went with the CC model with the low profile sights. My initial fears about the effectiveness of the sights were laid to set at the range.

Form and Fit: Sits well in my hand; the pinkie finger extends beyond the mag base, but this didn't affect control of the gun during firing. I thought about getting the extended mag, but for now I'll stay with the standard mag.

Dis-assembly: About easy as a Glock. Drop the level and pull the slide back, lift and slide forward again.

Range Report (it was cold @ MCFG so very short trip) :D
    Fired 14 rounds of Tula FMJ and had no failures.
    Same results with the Hornady Critical Defense HP rounds.
    Recoil was stout, but manageable. This little pistol shoots where you point it. Results @ 7 Yards. the target dot is the size of a quarter.

target1.JPG

Overall I am very happy with this pistol. This is my first DA pistol and it's a good start.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I really like the Bersa's. My older brother still "can't find" the one I let him borrow 15 years ago. :rolleyes:

dcap20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2011
    Has anybody shot the Walther PK380? I have shot the Bersa and just curious which of the two are a better buy?

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Has anybody shot the Walther PK380? I have shot the Bersa and just curious which of the two are a better buy?
    I've had both, the Walther was a DANDY shooter!! But I could not stand the take-down of the darn thing.
    The Bersa was a good shooter as well not as accurate as the Walther but the take-down was a much more enjoyable practice. I've since gotten rid of both of the pistols in question.
    If I had to pick one over the other I'd say the Walther felt better in hand and shot better, But the Bersa seem to be a lil better quality.:twocents:

daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    I had a Bersa really liked it but the wife didn't so I traded it for something else. Congrats on yours.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on the CC. I'm a happy camper with mine. I had a PK380 for a while and also hated the take down procedure. It sure was a soft shooter though, but in the end, I sold it because it was big for a .380 and a PITA to take down for cleaning.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    For a beginner, I'd recommend the regular Bersa 380 over the Bersa 380CC due to the sights. The CC has very small sights that are wonderfully snag free, but would be harder for a novice shooter to get used to. The regular Bersa 380 has much easier to see sights and is just as nice a gun.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I had a Bersa .380 and my friend has the Bersa .380 plus (15+1). Both are really great guns, easy to shoot and easy to maintain. In one of my fits of madness I sold mine. I wanted a true pocket gun and anyone who has the Bersa knows it is a bit too big to be a pocket gun. Now I am back in the market for a pocket gun (after another one of those fits). My dilemma, if I choose to travel down the Bersa road again, is which of the three to go for. I like the idea of the CC but don't know if the very small sights will work for me. Not to mention that even the CC is not really a pocket gun.

Jetrefz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The PK 380 iis a soft shooter but the main problem with these is the scarring that occurs from shooting. My buddy shot one of these and battle scarred so much from the first time out that he sold it. I would go with a straight blowback on a 380 and u probably can get more accuracy with a ppk or a sig. The bersa is nice and light but I havent shot one of them enough to vouce for reliabilty but they are darn accurate for what they are

rlidgard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    NWI
    ive owned the same bersa. its a walthers ppk knock off or james bonds gun. not a bad gun for the price

jdgdigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    My wife has the bersa 380. I carry it on occasion, hot days when in shorts and tank top. Prints alot less then the XD 40 sc.

Top Bottom