• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigGuyinMuncie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Muncie
    I recently purchased a Smith sw9ve as my everyday carry. I like the weight of the gun for long carry, 16 round mag, and accurate. Only downside is that the trigger is heavy and has a long pull. Any suggestions on what I could do to remedy this? I have watched a few youtube videos but still no help. Any suggestions on what would be a good replacement for it in the long term scope? Thank you to anyone that has any helpful info.:ar15:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I recently purchased a Smith sw9ve as my everyday carry. I like the weight of the gun for long carry, 16 round mag, and accurate. Only downside is that the trigger is heavy and has a long pull. Any suggestions on what I could do to remedy this? I have watched a few youtube videos but still no help. Any suggestions on what would be a good replacement for it in the long term scope? Thank you to anyone that has any helpful info.:ar15:

All you can do is learn how to shoot the SIGMA with that long pull;) I had one & it shot good, but I had to make sure I pulled the trigger carefully not to pull my shot

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    i have the 40ve and IMO you get used to the heavy trigger. the gun is very accurate and eats everything. i think you'll find a lot of opinions about these firearms that sway toward the negative, but most will come from people who have never owned them

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    dry fire dry fire dry fire!!!!!!

There are some instructions floating out there on how to clean up the trigger with minimal work. I don't know where to find them...I've never even had a Sigma in my hands that I can think of, let alone shoot one.

Dry fire is THE BEST you can do, though. For not only will it help to mechanically wear the parts together, you'll become intimately familiar with the trigger.

Much live-fire practice will greatly help you shoot other guns, too. If you can get to the point where you're getting nice tight groups on a pistol with a terrible trigger pull, just imagine how "easy" it'll be on a better trigger!

-J-

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    to be honest, this gun makes you focus more on mechanics, which i would think would make you a better shooter in the long run. my:twocents:, if it's even worth that.

IUBrink

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I know how you feel man. I got rid of mine just for that reason alone. The gun was great but at the end of the day of shooting I'd prefer my finger to not be sore. Later down the line you may want to try out other comparable plastic guns like Glocks, XDs, or what I upgraded to... Sig Pro.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    There is a trigger mod that is supposed to help, not sure where to find the info on it though. I sold my 9VE back in the day when I sold all my semiautomatics to focus on wheel guns. It was a dandy piece, loved it, just not as much as the M&P series.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I wouldn't replace the striker spring if you're going to carry it. It can cause light strikes.

As has been said before - shoot the snot out of it. You'll learn to shoot it and you'll be rewarded for it.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I like the way these guns look, but the one time I got to fire one I was not very impressed with the trigger.

Thats just a personal preference, though, and I'm sure some people find it to be a very delightful trigger pull. I'd second the notion of practice practice practice, too.

BBP30

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Haha, I still have a sigma...just going to echo what everyone else said...trigger is very heavy. I also thought about doing the trigger mod, but felt nervous doing so as I am not experienced enough in that area.

Just practice with it, you will get used to it and every other gun will be butter.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I also thought about doing the trigger mod, but felt nervous doing so as I am not experienced enough in that area.

Seriously man, the trigger mod is super easy! It takes 15 minutes and you will love the Sigma afterward. It really is a great gun post trigger mod.

Brick House

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Plainfield IN.
    I have a 9MM Sigma, and felt the same way when I first got it, But I just shot it ...ALOT, and now it feels normal to me to fire it. My wife bought it for me for $299 at Plainfield Shooting Supply, And I have NEVER had an issue with it, and I hit what I'm shooting at. It is an Awesome gun for the money. I will never part with it because my wife bought it for me, without me knowing she was buying it!

jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    S & W will do a fix on the trigger pull. What I saw posted a couple of years ago was that the Sigma was too much like a Glock. Glock filed an injunction. Part of the agreement had to do with trigger pull. S & W had to change it and it became heavier trigger pull. They will fix for free. Just Google it. I sent one to a S & W authorized gunsmith in Texas. Just cost me the shipping down there.

Here is a link to one of the forums that was talking about it. There are more, but I was too lazy to find them.

S&W Sigma pistols, (SW9VE) trigger job - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

GoBoilers!

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    I currently have the .40ve, and I am happy with it (including the trigger). I started off with the 9ve last year, but traded it for the .40 since I had other 9mm's and was having a hard time finding ammo to feed them. The local store had plenty of .40 in stock, though, so that prompted me to make the trade.

I actually like the trigger pull for SD purposes. If I were more concerned with targets, I might opt to do the cheap trigger job. I have noticed that it gets much better once it is shot. It will smooth out and feels lighter, so either it improves with use, or I just got more used to it.

I did go to the S&W Forum and found lots of info on the whole trigger improvement deal, so you might want to visit there to see what is discussed:
    http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-sigma-sd-pistols/

(If I get in trouble for posting the URL of another forum, I'm blaming you!)

Or you can just "google it" and see LOTS of discussion/instruction on that topic.

Enjoy your Sigma!

---
    GB!

drobpk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Indy and South Florida
    Of course you can modify it if you want, but I have to say with my SW9VE (which I really like) I feel better with a long trigger pull. As has already been stated, it makes you focus more on the mechanics when you aim. But the reason I like the long trigger pull is that I dont have to worry about a loaded gun going off if its dropped or the trigger gets inadvertantly bumped.

us_agent

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Wasn't the point of it being such a heavy pull to act as a mock safety? Thought I read that somewhere. I've got one and I think it's a pain, but I'm sure if I shot it more like some of you it wouldn't be so bad.

Top Bottom