• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Damn! Roberts has sold out the American people and sided with the libs!!! The individual mandate SURVIVES but as a tax. The m..... f..... is going to get his way. This is a HUGE POLITICAL VICTORY for BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA. This likely gives Obama the WH in November.

A sad day for America.

Last edited:

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    According to Google News, the decision hasn't been released yet, but should be within the hour.

Just as I posted this, it updated.

Yes, it was upheld as a tax. That's some dangerous territory.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Individual Mandate stands as a tax. Roberts sides with Ginsberg. WTF? Now the .gov can force me to enter into a contract. Where does it stop?

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    This is so much bigger than just the ruling on Obamacare. The decision today by Roberts gives Barack Hussein the WH in November. We have witnessed the last nail in America's coffin this morning. We're done.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Damn! Roberts has sold out the American people and sided with the libs!!! The individual mandate SURVIVES but as a tax. The m..... f..... is going to get his way. This is a HUGE POLITICAL VICTORY for BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA. This likely gives Obama the WH in November.

A sad day for America.

I would imagine Roberts sided with the majority in this instance so he could either write the decision or decide who did. Obama will see a backlash from this.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I expect this is going to super-charge the TEA Party for the fall elections. I recall listening to some speculation that if this happened, Chief Justice Roberts (who is being excoriated even as I write this) would side with the majority so he could write the opinion. Upholding the individual mandate as a power of Congress to tax should serve as a lesson to all of us that we need to severely limit Congress' power to tax us.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The money quote from the section on the mandate: Our precedent demonstrates that Congress had the power to impose the exaction in Section 5000A under the taxing power, and that Section 5000A need not be read to do more than impose a tax. This is sufficient to sustain it.

Top Bottom