• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Here is my letter tonight to Andre Carson.
    Please join me in beating up these clowns before they give the whole circus away!
    Write, respectfully, anything you want to, but PLEASE WRITE or CALL!

Vlad

Representative Carson,
    After reading the contents of your website regarding the healthcare bill moving on to the house, I am convinced that nothing will change your mind with respect to this legislation. Your history of reckless spending through the stimulus and lack of forethought on healthcare plunging this once great nation further into debit has me convinced that you will loose your job next year. Certainly so through my vote and that of my hard working wife.
    The outright lies or bilindness to the fact that this bill will ultimately hurt the working class through taxes baffles me. At the end of the day, the money comes from somewhere, and I refuse to accept that the trickle down will not impact me and my family for generations.
    I look forward to grass roots movements against you and your fellow proponents of big govenment, and saving this country from the hand-out culture you insist on creating.

Josed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The only good thing I can say about Andre Carson is that, the lying sac of
    dog squeze is not my congresscritter. Vote the bums out.:xmad:

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Too little too late

And now I grace you all with the reply. After two months, Andre Carson ('s intern) has responded with the generic response letter below.

In the effort of Hope and Change, here is what I hope for....

That all the folks that can't aford health care or necessary medications find salvation in 1) a job with good benefits via the economic stimulus supported by Andre Carson or 2) affordable medications through Andre Carson's leading legislation for finding the medicare waste touted by our President. (If you find it, post up; I'm still looking)

That all college students who voted for our President find under-employment in the simulized economy so they can afford to pay thier heath care penalties when they quickly debate the virtues of paying more for coverage they don't need. With every "would you like that supersized" they can feel good knowing that they have done their part for the common good while missing a payment on their student loan which will default, leaning on your tax dollar.

That all "collective bargaining" groups (you know, the folks with the good jobs that don't need help from the legislation and are now employed with your tax dollars at GM and Chryseler) get their "pass" in having to pay toward the common good. They after all are the good guys (vote properly) who's cash flows more efficiently into the economy after it has passed out of your wallet, through your employers withholdings, through the treasury, to the federal reserve, into GM, divides among the employee a retiree who left 20 years ago and the treasury again, out through GM payroll and pays 1) their kids private school tuition because the public schools ESL student population is too high for them to get a good adequate yearly progress report from the no child left behind legisaltion and 2) their property tax to fund the state portion of medicaid for the illegal roofer whos ESL student offspring attend the local public school.

WAIT!!!

How about we beta test this in a single state and see if the savings are really there?
    Oh...that's been done, and proven to be dubious at best?
    Well in that case, let's just throw the whole nation into the program, because I'm sure it will be better organized by the folks that bring you the solvent social security program, the competitive post office, and the efficient medicare and medicaid programs (said bythe same folks who agree the inefficiency is what will be used to make the program deficit neutral). WTF?

Bottom line....I'll be heard when I vote. Andre Carson can depend on the support of Paul when he robs Peter. Problem is, the Peter is smart, more numerous, he votes and is the only guy who can really hire Paul.

January 22, 2010​

Mr. Vlad
    The Kitchen
    Indianapolis, Indiana

Dear Mr. Vlad:

Thank you for contacting me to voice your concern about H.R. 3962, the Affordable Health Care for America Act. The opinions and concerns of my fellow Hoosiers are essential to my decision making process as a Member of Congress.

Recent studies show that health insurance premiums in America have doubled over the past decade. Today, across the 7th Congressional District, over 6,000 seniors are unable to afford the cost of their prescription drugs, and over 2,000 families will declare bankruptcy due to unaffordable medical bills. In this great nation millions of Americans are being forced to choose between putting food on their tables and receiving desperately needed health care. As nationwide unemployment, foreclosure and bankruptcy rates continue to rise, the mounting cost of health care clearly presents a crisis we can no longer ignore.

I strongly believe that every American, regardless of their financial situation, has the right to affordable and accessible high-quality medical treatment. After months of negotiation and consultation with local residents, local businesses, medical professionals and administrators and health insurance companies, I proudly supported H.R. 3962 which seeks to constrain skyrocketing costs, expand choice and extend affordable health care coverage to all Americans.

This legislation provides a public option that will expand health insurance coverage to tens of millions of uninsured Americans, and benefit all consumers by ensuring a more competitive marketplace. By making the purchasing process more transparent, consumers benefit from a more competitive health insurance industry. This legislation will make it affordable for small businesses to provide health insurance to their employees. For businesses already providing employer-based coverage, H.R. 3962 will slow the growth in health care costs.

While the bill the House passed does not include the robust public option I had hoped for, the legislation provides for a version of the public option. The Healthcare Insurance exchange, established in the House bill, will offer consumers and small businesses a wide variety of health insurance options, including private plans as well as a public option. I believe the public option injects real competition into the health insurance industry, benefitting consumers. Contrary to opponents of the legislation, the American people do support a public health insurance option as they, like many members of Congress including myself, believe it to be a key component of comprehensive health insurance reform.

President Obama and our Democratic Congress understand that health care reform must not saddle future generations with unmanageable debt. To that end, this legislation strives to be deficit neutral by removing inefficiencies within Medicare and Medicaid and by subjecting the wealthiest 0.3 percent of Americans to a health surcharge.

The positive impact of H.R. 3962 on the 7th District is clear: health insurance coverage will be extended to over 85,000 Indianapolis residents while employer-based coverage is strengthened, benefitting 344,000 Indianapolis residents. To offset the cost of health insurance, tax credits will be made available to over 200,000 Indianapolis residents. This legislation helps seniors by strengthening Medicare and closing the prescription drug donut hole. Hospitals and health care providers in the district will save $274 million in reduced uncompensated care costs. With this legislation, tens-of-thousands of uninsured and underinsured Indianapolis residents will finally have access to affordable, quality health coverage.

After hearing from thousands of my constituents, I feel confident the Affordable Health Care for America Act addresses the needs of 7th District residents and is consistent with the values they hold dear. I look forward to the health care reform debate in the Senate, and I will work tirelessly until true health care reform legislation is on the President's desk.

I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this important issue, and I hope you will continue to contact my office on future issues. I encourage you to visit my website at http://carson.house.gov where you can view the latest news and updates about pertinent issues and legislation important to you. You may also sign up for my weekly e-newsletter The Carson Courier and receive periodic updates on my activities in Washington. As always, my staff and I are here to serve you. Please feel free to contact me if we ever can be of further assistance to you.
    Sincerely,

André Carson
    Member of Congress

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Here is my letter tonight to Andre Carson.
    Please join me in beating up these clowns before they give the whole circus away!
    Write, respectfully, anything you want to, but PLEASE WRITE or CALL!

Vlad

Representative Carson,
    After reading the contents of your website regarding the healthcare bill moving on to the house, I am convinced that nothing will change your mind with respect to this legislation. Your history of reckless spending through the stimulus and lack of forethought on healthcare plunging this once great nation further into debit has me convinced that you will loose your job next year. Certainly so through my vote and that of my hard working wife.
    The outright lies or bilindness to the fact that this bill will ultimately hurt the working class through taxes baffles me. At the end of the day, the money comes from somewhere, and I refuse to accept that the trickle down will not impact me and my family for generations.
    I look forward to grass roots movements against you and your fellow proponents of big govenment, and saving this country from the hand-out culture you insist on creating.

Andre Carson? Is he a black guy? Think I met him once during a civics lesson at college.

But he also seemed pretty blatantly liberal, too.... so... good luck.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    letters are great but do you think dre even reads his mail? dont waste your time just turn that anger into a fire in your belly that will drive you to work to vote him out. the only solution to bums like that is vote them out!

Top Bottom