• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ?Another line?? Did the Obama admin just warn Russia ?not to do what Russia has already done?? | Twitchy

Carney says US watching closely to see if Russia crosses "intervention line" in Ukraine. This literally has already happened.

I hear Crimeans can see Russia from their houses.

"At least five Russian Il-76 planes have landed at a military airport in Gvardiysky, near Simferopol" - BBC

US is now "closely monitoring" the Russian annexation of Crimea.

Crimean airport: All incoming and outgoing flights cancelled tonight. Airspace closed

Reports of telephone systems being shut down, Russian forces rolling through.

An old gem: Sarah Palin, 2008: "Russia might invade Ukraine if Obama wins..."

and this one: https://twitter.com/danabrams/status/184373871019950081

It would be hilarious if the US sold Western Ukraine our soon to be decommissioned A-10 Warthogs. They were made for Russian tanks.

Last edited:

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    TeamObama: Just stop.

I spent the early eighties training solely to kill Russians. Dump truck loads of 'em. Vast fields of them. You know why no emphasis was ever put on learning the Russian language? Because when we met up there wasn't going to be any talking. They don't give two squirts of **** about what you have to say. They are going to go swiftly and effectively about whatever their Russian business happens to be until you kill them. Unless you're willing to abruptly drop about a billion metric tons of whoopass on Crimea, just STFU. Your babble makes you look stupid and weak and impresses no one but the fawning idiots gathered immediately at your feet. Russia's a game I'll wager none of you in the current administration have the stones for.

:twocents:

A question I've been pondering though, is whether Ukraine will mount a resistance anything like what went down in Afghanistan? Apparently, the face of modern warfare involves a bunch of loosely-knit hillbillies with rifles who, yes, Virginia, apparently CAN do something when faced with those nasty, black attack helicopters.

Last edited:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    The Ukraine ain't our concern.
    It is. I'll let you in on a little secret: the Cold War never ended. Russia clearly does not hold us in good standing, and if they take Ukraine it's the birth of a new Soviet Union. We don't want a powerful Russia.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It is. I'll let you in on a little secret: the Cold War never ended. Russia clearly does not hold us in good standing, and if they take Ukraine it's the birth of a new Soviet Union. We don't want a powerful Russia.

Likewise, they don't want a powerful US.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Playground

Does Crimea have any sand for Kerry and Obama to draw lines in?

Next thing you know there will be Russian war ships in Cuba...

I am guessing most the surveilance equipment on the ship is probably pointing inland onto the island as the aging Castro regime struggles to hold onto the country from the nursing home as the natives get restless.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Obama: "If you don't stop, I'll draw a red line!"

Whispers to Kerry: "Was I too tough? I really don't want to make an apology tour through the Ukraine and Russia."

Kerry: "It'll be fine. Russia doesn't want to cross one of our red lines lines anyway."

So who has to clean up the puddles surrounding their shoes now?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It may well not even be up to Obama in the end, as to what to do. Ukraine, the US, NATO and Russia all signed a defence pact in 94 in exchange for them giving up the nukes they had after the fall of the USSR. If we are held to our agreement we could very well find NATO and ourselves fighting the Russians. If treaties even mean anything these days.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    European problems should be handled by the European community. Let Ukraine solve their own problems, and tell our president to shut up.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Well, I gotta be honest. Any list of things that Obama could do or say about this and receive effuse praise from this forum can't be longer than the list of retailers overstocked with .22 ammo.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Just out of curiosity, you think non-intervention makes a president weak?

What makes a president weak is drawing lines in the sand and then doing nothing about someone crossing those lines.

The current president looks like a foolish weakling. I can see Putin now... "line in the sand? Hahahahahaha.... someone tell that panzy to shut his piehole."

Only it would be in Russian.

Top Bottom