• ...and so much more!
  • UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Well.......
    I got my Feb. copy of The FOP Journal today and after reading the FOP Presidents message I decided to let him know exactly how I feel about the "official" stance of the FOP concerning "Assault weapons"
    Here's my e-mail to him.

I've been an FOP member since 1974 so I'm not speaking up as a novice in this matter.
    You people have made the FOP the laughing stock of the American firearms community and have further added to the "US vs THEM" mentality in America.
    Your support of the unconstitutional proposals to ban a certain type of weapon based entirely on it's looks is just as stupid as blaming all crime on a given group of people because you don't like their looks.
    If you think for one minute that the Public will stand idly by and have their rights trampled while the Law Enforcement Community gets a pass on those Draconian laws you are as delusional as those numbskulls in Washington.
    Already Firearms suppliers are denying sales to Departments in the States stupid enough to jump on the purely emotional bandwagon resulting from the recent tragedies.
    The 1993 resolution that you refer to is Ancient History.
    It was voted on 19 years ago when the political atmosphere wasn't as volatile as it is today.
    I strongly suggest that you take a poll of the current FOP Membership before you go off half cocked and support something that is NOT in the best interest of the FOP members who elected you.

The 1993 resolution that I mention was the FOP's support of the Clinton AWB which I protested back then as well.
    I'm fed up with people purporting to represent me in these issues when they have never asked my opinion!!!
    :xmad: :xmad: :xmad:

Last edited:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    No more cash from me either! I just wish they'd stop calling me every night.

I used to buy a yearly sticker for $25, and thought they wouldn't call again til the next year--nope, they want to "sell" you a sticker every other month. Finally I told them to #### off. Now with this gun policy they are assured to never receive another dime.

I support our police, but never again FOP.

adws943

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Thanks for your stance. I know most LEO are the good guys. As with any group it takes many, many good interactions to counter one bad one. Thanks for your service to your community.

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    I concur. I doubt they will do anything though. They have gone from representing their members to becoming a political arm of the government machine. I grew terribly disillusioned in recent years as they will recommend one brother over another for an elected position and not use the vote of the members or even the lodges.

This just shows that they are not in-touch with those they represent.

Plates and legal defense, all they are good for anymore.

Never A Victim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Hamilton County
    I have been a member of the FOP and full time police officer since 2008. I too am fed up with thier anti gun stance. I posted a few questions on thier facebook page, but I doubt they answer. It appears they have changed thier opinion of banning magazine capacities, but still support over reaching background checks for every sale. I will most likely not support the FOP next year.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Well.......
    I got my Feb. copy of The FOP Journal today and after reading the FOP Presidents message I decided to let him know exactly how I feel about the "official" stance of the FOP concerning "Assault weapons"
    Here's my e-mail to him.

I've been an FOP member since 1974 so I'm not speaking up as a novice in this matter.
    You people have made the FOP the laughing stock of the American firearms community and have further added to the "US vs THEM" mentality in America.
    Your support of the unconstitutional proposals to ban a certain type of weapon based entirely on it's looks is just as stupid as blaming all crime on a given group of people because you don't like their looks.
    If you think for one minute that the Public will stand idly by and have their rights trampled while the Law Enforcement Community gets a pass on those Draconian laws you are as delusional as those numbskulls in Washington.
    Already Firearms suppliers are denying sales to Departments in the States stupid enough to jump on the purely emotional bandwagon resulting from the recent tragedies.
    The 1993 resolution that you refer to is Ancient History.
    It was voted on 19 years ago when the political atmosphere wasn't as volatile as it is today.
    I strongly suggest that you take a poll of the current FOP Membership before you go off half cocked and support something that is NOT in the best interest of the FOP members who elected you.

The 1993 resolution that I mention was the FOP's support of the Clinton AWB which I protested back then as well.
    I'm fed up with people purporting to represent me in these issues when they have never asked my opinion!!!
    :xmad: :xmad: :xmad:

Ah heck I didn't know they supported any type of AWB. Guess I need to rethink sending in my membership dues that are coming up. That is messed up.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Uncle mike was spot on. I just got my magazine tonight. I am going to the bmv to get new plates for my wife and kids cars. I am going to package them up with my fop card,recently removed stickers , fop magazine and legal defense fund card and send them to fop hq. Until they change their position they have got their last buck off this family. They do not speak for the rank and file law enforcement of this country. I have never met even one single leo that is anti gun. Narry a one.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Uncle mike was spot on. I just got my magazine tonight. I am going to the bmv to get new plates for my wife and kids cars. I am going to package them up with my fop card,recently removed stickers , fop magazine and legal defense fund card and send them to fop hq. Until they change their position they have got their last buck off this family. They do not speak for the rank and file law enforcement of this country. I have never met even one single leo that is anti gun. Narry a one.

This may or may not mean much to you Sir. This is my favorite post I have ever seen you type and I truly hope you meant everything you said in it. :rockwoot:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    This may or may not mean much to you Sir. This is my favorite post I have ever seen you type and I truly hope you meant everything you said in it. :rockwoot:

Well thanks! And I do mean it. I will having nothing to do with anything or anyone that is anti gun. Anti gunners have some sort of perverted mentality that I cannot understand.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    From the FOP president Chuck Canterbury
    fopchuck@aol.com

Copied From the FOP Journal February 2013

As to our current stand on issues that involve violence in schools our platform is as follows;

1) The mental health records of persons who should be barred from purchasing firearms must be included in the back ground check System. The "Gun control act of 1968 bars from them the ownership of firearms, but there has never been a system in place other than an honor system at the point of sale.

2) The FOP has a standing resolution, passed at the 1993 national convention, to support the assault weapons ban as passed in 1994. This vote was recorded as a ballot vote and passed with an overwhelming margin. It is my duty as president to uphold the resolution until directed by the delegates to do otherwise. We will take a look at any proposals, but it is not our goal to support a ban more inclusive than the 1994 law.

3 ) The FOP has supported background checks on firearms purchases and we will continue to do so. In the 1990's a compromise was offered to close the gun show loopholes and it was not accepted. We will again advocate for an instant check system, which is already in place in a number of states.

4) We have already written a letter to Vice President Joe Bidden requesting that the ATF is provided with the leadership resources and manpower necessary to enforce the laws already on the books. New laws cannot be enforced if there are not sufficient resources to enforce those we already have.

I am thinking he needs to get a ton of emails.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Back in my NRA Board days there was a thug named Dewey Stokes who was president of the FOP.

He actually wrote a letter to my police chief (a fellow thug) asking him to shut me up and prevent me from advocating for gun rights.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Back in my NRA Board days there was a thug named Dewey Stokes who was president of the FOP.

He actually wrote a letter to my police chief (a fellow thug) asking him to shut me up and prevent me from advocating for gun rights.

So did it work? Thug and a fellow thug!! :D That cracked me up. But we all know they are around.

I emailed the current FOP president and left my name and department. The nice thing with my job is I can walk away from it anytime I want and will be working the next day...making a lot more money too. Awfully tempting at times.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I added this to the FOP Facebook Page

I have been a Proud Member of the FOP since 1974. The National FOP's anti 2nd Amendment stance is Embarrassing to Patriotic Americans. NO more $$'s from Me, Dropping my Active Membership Dues. WE ALL know damn well that the Problem is from Criminals, Not Legal Gun Owners. The Justice System has long become a Joke. Thugs, Gang Bangers, Career Criminals are back on the street before the paperwork is completed. Let's face the Realities and work toward Restoring Law & Order in America instead of piling on the Law Abiding as the 'Easy Target'.

The National FOP is becoming as Liberal as the IACP :noway:

Top Bottom