• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    [FONT=&quot]We are not supporting the ban but you do what you think you have to do. We are only supporting expanded background checks and including metal health data in these checks and funding for law enforcement. The ban as proposed is not in line with our beliefs but we do have the standing resolution to support the 94 ban but that has not been offered and as soon as we can take a legal vote at the conference i am of the believe that the delegates will agree with that stance. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Chuck Canterbury[/FONT]
    Apparently Chuck hasn't read Feinsteins current proposal.:rolleyes:
    The 94 AWB was nothing compared to her goals.
    And, IMO, "Expanded background checks" is Liberal speak for "Firearm registration so we know whenever someone sells, gives away, or trades ANY firearm and later we can use some pretext to confiscate all weapons."
    Except from the criminals who won't bother to register their illegal weapons in the first place.
    :xmad:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    WTH is a uniformed opinion? Since I'm a detective, would I have a suited opinion?

Seriously, now I wonder if his auto-correct changed it, and was it supposed to informed or uninformed?

I was sufficiently preoccupied with preparing for my Friday-Sunday trip that I didn't even notice that. If I had to venture a guess, it would be that he failed to hit the 'n' key hard enough the second time to get 'uninformed'.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Apparently Chuck hasn't read Feinsteins current proposal.:rolleyes:
    The 94 AWB was nothing compared to her goals.
    And, IMO, "Expanded background checks" is Liberal speak for "Firearm registration so we know whenever someone sells, gives away, or trades ANY firearm and later we can use some pretext to confiscate all weapons."
    Except from the criminals who won't bother to register their illegal weapons in the first place.
    :xmad:

Yea not sure what he meant with that. I hope he is not thinking we are uninformed. My guess is he might have been hearing from people.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Screw em. Hell, I'm private institution LEO anyway and the FOP won't even support a revising of the LEOSA to include us. I'm 2nd rate LE to them.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Screw em. Hell, I'm private institution LEO anyway and the FOP won't even support a revising of the LEOSA to include us. I'm 2nd rate LE to them.

Baby steps. Keep the faith. Hopefully someday all states will not only recognize all LEO's but also CCW/LTCH holders as well.

As to the FOP my local lodge will not allow part time academy grad's or reserves to join. So no legal defense fund for them. That is a local lodge decision allowed by the master lodge (Or whatever they call it). It makes no sense to me at all. They are far from perfect. But sometimes there is only one game in town.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008

You folks were definitely left out in the cold on LEOSA. Maybe time to go public?

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I received my copy a couple days ago I believe. I honestly have never opened one and throw them in the burn pit. Ill have to see if it us still around and look at the letter this thread is about and post it in the station. I'm curious if it gets a response, especially since the bulletin board on station is ways covered with liberal Antiguan articles ( which I always "deface" with the real facts).

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I received my copy a couple days ago I believe. I honestly have never opened one and throw them in the burn pit. Ill have to see if it us still around and look at the letter this thread is about and post it in the station. I'm curious if it gets a response, especially since the bulletin board on station is ways covered with liberal Antiguan articles ( which I always "deface" with the real facts).

I get the impression from other emails I received from the FOP president that they are not expecting very much support on any new (or old) anti 2nd measures. The next big shin-dig is in August. They will have a vote to see where the membership stands these days. I think they have been getting hammered on over the article.:twocents:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I get the impression from other emails I received from the FOP president that they are not expecting very much support on any new (or old) anti 2nd measures. The next big shin-dig is in August. They will have a vote to see where the membership stands these days. I think they have been getting hammered on over the article.:twocents:
    I spoke to my Lodge Representative to the National Conference the other day and told him exactly how I felt.
    He said that he wasn't going to vote for the FOP to support any new legislation that infringes on The Second Amendment.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I'll give it a while then before I remove myself from the FOP.
    I'm hoping that our Brothers and Sisters in the larger, Democrat controlled cities, feel the same way as those of us living in the more Conservative rural areas do.
    My fear is that the BS Liberal Democrats that run the large urban areas may be holding such things as working conditions and Pensions over the heads of the LEO's there to force them to support the anti American policies of the dumb asses running Washington.
    I guess we'll find out at the National Conference.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I understand that the FOP was a big factor in the LESA that I support.
    IIRC the FOP stated that they would back national reciprocity for license/permit holders, during the LEOSA talks to get them on board to help pass it. Which quickly changed after LEOSA was instituted. It could be another LE group that I'm thinking of though. If I'm wrong I hope someone will correct me.

Baby steps. Keep the faith. Hopefully someday all states will not only recognize all LEO's but also CCW/LTCH holders as well.

Baby steps is what they said about nationwide reciprocity for LTCH/CCW/CWP holders, get LEOSA passed and nationwide reciprocity will come and will back it......

You folks were definitely left out in the cold on LEOSA. Maybe time to go public?

They weren't the only ones.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    After a new vote the FOP now has a different stance on the Gun Control Nonsense.. Perfect? No but better than it was. I can live with this.

NOW, THEREFORE BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED THAT: The delegates here assembled support and direct the National Legislative Program to promote the items and issues listed above.

Resolution
    The following resolution is proposed by the National Legislative Committee of the Grand Lodge.
    WHEREAS: The criminal misuse of firearms has become a major topic of national discussion following the horrible tragedies in Newtown, Aurora, Oak Creek, and other mass shootings which have occurred in recent history, as well as the firearms violence which occurs on some scale every day in big and small municipalities across the country;
    WHEREAS: There is no specific articulation of the views and positions of the Grand Lodge with respect to many of the critical issues as the nation debates how best to prevent the criminal misuse of firearms; and
    WHEREAS: This resolution will supersede Resolution No. 6, adopted by the delegates assembled at the 51st National Biennial Conference in Louisville, KY in August 1993 which called for the Grand Lodge to support H.R. 1472/S. 639, the “Anti-drug Assault Weapons Limitation Act of 1993,” which would prohibit the importation and manufacture of certain military assault weapons. The 1993 resolution was adopted by the delegates assembled at the 51st National Biennial Conference in Louisville, KY on a 1,516 to 1,073 vote. The 1993 resolution has impeded the Grand Lodge’s flexibility and the ability to address the complex issue of the criminal misuse of firearms; and
    WHEREAS: This resolution will allow the Grand Lodge to continue to actively participate in the national debate on the criminal misuse of firearms and to clearly and effectively represent the views of the members; and
    NOW, THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED THAT: The Grand Lodge supports the following measures to curb the criminal misuse of firearms while supporting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens:

• Improving the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS);
    • Reinvigoration of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to ensure that it has the tools and resources necessary to its mission;
    • Develop legislation to provide penalties for firearms trafficking;
    • Support the Constitution of the United States;
    • Improved law enforcement access to mental health records in the context of firearms acquisition; and
    • Funding to put more state and local law enforcement officers on the street.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    After a new vote the FOP now has a different stance on the Gun Control Nonsense.. Perfect? No but better than it was. I can live with this.

NOW, THEREFORE BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED THAT: The delegates here assembled support and direct the National Legislative Program to promote the items and issues listed above.

Resolution
    The following resolution is proposed by the National Legislative Committee of the Grand Lodge.
    WHEREAS: The criminal misuse of firearms has become a major topic of national discussion following the horrible tragedies in Newtown, Aurora, Oak Creek, and other mass shootings which have occurred in recent history, as well as the firearms violence which occurs on some scale every day in big and small municipalities across the country;
    WHEREAS: There is no specific articulation of the views and positions of the Grand Lodge with respect to many of the critical issues as the nation debates how best to prevent the criminal misuse of firearms; and
    WHEREAS: This resolution will supersede Resolution No. 6, adopted by the delegates assembled at the 51st National Biennial Conference in Louisville, KY in August 1993 which called for the Grand Lodge to support H.R. 1472/S. 639, the “Anti-drug Assault Weapons Limitation Act of 1993,” which would prohibit the importation and manufacture of certain military assault weapons. The 1993 resolution was adopted by the delegates assembled at the 51st National Biennial Conference in Louisville, KY on a 1,516 to 1,073 vote. The 1993 resolution has impeded the Grand Lodge’s flexibility and the ability to address the complex issue of the criminal misuse of firearms; and
    WHEREAS: This resolution will allow the Grand Lodge to continue to actively participate in the national debate on the criminal misuse of firearms and to clearly and effectively represent the views of the members; and
    NOW, THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED THAT: The Grand Lodge supports the following measures to curb the criminal misuse of firearms while supporting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens:

• Improving the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS);
    • Reinvigoration of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to ensure that it has the tools and resources necessary to its mission;
    • Develop legislation to provide penalties for firearms trafficking;
    • Support the Constitution of the United States;
    • Improved law enforcement access to mental health records in the context of firearms acquisition; and
    • Funding to put more state and local law enforcement officers on the street.

All they need is number four.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Yes, and number 2 is simply ridiculous, #3 is redundant (there ARE penalties, except for Holder and the ATF that they want "reinvigorated"). FOP has ALWAYS been very bad on gun issues. They were worse in the '70's when they were calling for handgun bans, but they're still not smelling like roses on the issue.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Yup!!

Yes, and number 2 is simply ridiculous, #3 is redundant (there ARE penalties, except for Holder and the ATF that they want "reinvigorated"). FOP has ALWAYS been very bad on gun issues. They were worse in the '70's when they were calling for handgun bans, but they're still not smelling like roses on the issue.
    Yup again!!!

Top Bottom