• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    As most people here already know, I've been dying to have my 3rd generation Glock 19 stippled and those silly finger grooves removed. I was impressed with Cory's other work I'd seen, so I saved up my pennies and nickels.

I dropped off the 19 last night at 9pm. Cory stopped by my work today at 4pm and delivered the finshed product! I couldn't believe it!!

The craftsmanship speaks for itself, so on with the pictures. . .

solnht.jpg

s29nxt.jpg

2h5uxys.jpg

24lqxkp.jpg

11kccvn.jpg

2qcp75x.jpg

25i7k8k.jpg

xgl5s0.jpg

2igezkh.jpg

jujq51.jpg

20afbcj.jpg

I haven't had any range time with it yet, but I will be sure to post when I do.

The grip is awesome. Its got a very tacky feeling to it, without being sharp or too abrasive. The grip actually seems reduced, as the finger grooves don't do funny things to my fingers anymore.

ingobannerad6.jpg

Last edited:

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Very nice. I would like to get my 26 stippled by Cory. I don't think I will remove the finger grooves on the 26, with my grip extention I think they work alright with the sub compact. But for G19 it would be great. I'm going to start saving.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Cory was explaining his technique to me, how he has a certain pattern, so that the finished product doesn't look like there is a pattern. Very specific.

Half the fun is getting to chat with Cory. I also got to play with his sniper rifle and 10.5" RRA entry rifle. And I got to meet Steve Jenkins (j1s116) who was picking up a newly refinished Sig P6 slide,which looked awesome.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    i got a chance to handle this pistol today. very nice. i'd have to run some drills, wet hands, gloves to know for sure, but looks like a useful upgrade. getting rid of the finger bumps felt good. nice pistol, evan.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Nice job on the grip. I really liked the way it felt.

BTW I keep washing my hands but I can seem to make it go away!!!:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Obijohn, I heard you suggest a hand full of Corn Huskers to see how the gun would handle while your hands are covered in blood.

Any preferred method of removing said Corn Huskers from the grip afterwards? ;)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Obijohn, I heard you suggest a hand full of Corn Huskers to see how the gun would handle while your hands are covered in blood.

Or blood, for that matter. Seems like the stippling would be hard to clean.

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    I've been thinking about getting my G23 chopped down to take G27 mags. I looked at the Nash website and didn't see anything about chop jobs.. does anyone know if he does those? Dropping my pistol off in Indy would be much easier than shipping it to Bowie.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute

i was sort of half joking, but i've done similar things just to check. maybe not to simulate blood, but...

shooter521's suggestion had merit, but i just used warm water and dish soap. with a small brush. then i cleaned and lubed like normal as it was a 1911 frame. i did a similar thing to a norinco i was building using a center punch and a small hammer. similar look, but was way too sharp until i broke the edges of the "stipples" with some 400 grit. sadly, the pistol has a new home, but it turned out pretty well.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I've been thinking about getting my G23 chopped down to take G27 mags. I looked at the Nash website and didn't see anything about chop jobs.. does anyone know if he does those? Dropping my pistol off in Indy would be much easier than shipping it to Bowie.

I know he does the chop job, but I don't know what his prices are for that.

Just PM phylodog and ask him.

Top Bottom