Sold a gun and now it's listed for 200$ more.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    So I sold a gun on Armslist yesterday. I gave a guy a good deal on it. I bought his sob story I guess. This morning I see it listed for sale for 200$ more. I know it's the gun I sold it has the same serial number. Total BS story about round count and how long he has owned it. I emailed the seller and asked him about it but didn't get a response. Live and learn i guess.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I feel ya brother. I sold the wife's sportster on Crags List when she upgraded to a Road King. The lady told me she was a single mom and didn't have much money. I did give a little break (just like I would have done with anybody) and we made the deal over the course of several phone calls. Once we agreed on a price and the guns she was throwing in on the deal, we set up a time for her to come get the bike. She arrived with a guy to help her look it over and ride it home. After we made the deal and were talking I heard her refer to him as her husband. There are a lot of scammers out there so beware.

You reap what you sow!!!!!!

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Not all gun owners are great people. Shocking, I know.

Don't worry about it. If you got the price you thought you wanted, be happy. Anything else is greediness seeping through.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    I've seen this before on ingo. At least we have the rating system so you can call them out as they liars and cheats that they are!

There will be some members here who will say "you sold it for that price! Don't complain now!" They're usually the scum bags you see illegally flipping guns in the classifieds.

At least, that's been my experience in the past.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    So I sold a gun on Armslist yesterday. I gave a guy a good deal on it. I bought his sob story I guess. This morning I see it listed for sale for 200$ more. I know it's the gun I sold it has the same serial number. Total BS story about round count and how long he has owned it. I emailed the seller and asked him about it but didn't get a response. Live and learn i guess.

Got anymore good deals, cause i can't afford to feed my kids, living in the ghetto, I need to be able to protect my family & my poor puppy needs to get an operation.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I've seen this before on ingo. At least we have the rating system so you can call them out as they liars and cheats that they are!

There will be some members here who will say "you sold it for that price! Don't complain now!" They're usually the scum bags you see illegally flipping guns in the classifieds.

At least, that's been my experience in the past.

That's an ignorant remark and shows poor breeding.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Why didn't you sell it on here? I've done several transactions on INGO, Good Deals Great Folks to deal with. I've got some good deals on Armslist also. If he had a "Sob Story", why is he out buying guns???? If your selling, check Gunbroker, Guns America, Ect. That's a quick way to see what people are paying.:rules:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Why didn't you sell it on here? I've done several transactions on INGO, Good Deals Great Folks to deal with. I've got some good deals on Armslist also. If he had a "Sob Story", why is he out buying guns???? If your selling, check Gunbroker, Guns America, Ect. That's a quick way to see what people are paying.:rules:

that's right you should at least let a :ingo: member make a $200 profit

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I prefer to deal with INGO people. I do however make a mental note of who the people that bash people like the OP and say "Its your own fault you set the price" :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

These people are on the "You don't get no special deal Sucka" list.

Im glad that the majority of people can read the OP post and see that the guy is reaching out to friends to share his life with so others can relate to similar experiences. It never fails though that someone will come along and trash talk.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I once had the same thing happen to me with an Armslist ad. Gave a guy a deal on a gun, and within the hour he had it back up for sale for a higher $$$. While I kind of felt like a sucker, I had to remind myself that I got what I thought was a fair price, and moved on (while secretly hoping the buyer had to sit on it for a long time, which he did).

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I once had the same thing happen to me with an Armslist ad. Gave a guy a deal on a gun, and within the hour he had it back up for sale for a higher $$$. While I kind of felt like a sucker, I had to remind myself that I got what I thought was a fair price, and moved on (while secretly hoping the buyer had to sit on it for a long time, which he did).

and you forgot to tell him that gun would jam

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    It never fails to amaze me how people can cry and moan about a $100 or $200 difference (unusual though it is) and yet go out and pay $50,000 for a pickup truck, losing thousands driving it off the dealer's lot.

I reiterate, if you got the price you wanted, who gives a sh** what someone else can do? He might have better access to a market that you cannot reach. He might be a liar and cheat, which is beneath you.

Forget it.

Move on.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Top Bottom